Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Colonoscopy Guide: What to Expect is a free application that educates people about the importance of a colonoscopy and what to expect before, during, and after the exam. User-friendly text, imagery, animations, and interactivity help support the following topics:
• Understanding colonoscopy: Colorectal cancer is largely preventable with regular screening. In this section, users learn how early detection and removal of pre-cancerous polyps prevents colorectal cancer.
• Preparing for your colonoscopy: For most people, bowel preparation is the most unpleasant part of the colonoscopy process. Learn why it’s so important to follow bowel prep instructions and how clean bowels allow the doctor to perform a thorough exam.
• During your colonoscopy: Take a guided tour of the colonoscopy exam. Animations and interactive tools demonstrate how the doctor uses the colonoscope to search for abnormalities…and how polyps are detected and removed during the exam.
• After your colonoscopy: The entire exam usually takes about 30 minutes…and most patients go home shortly after the exam.
Other interactive features:
• A Bowel Prep Planner enables users to input general bowel prep reminders to help them take/drink the right amount at the right time.
• A Rate tool enables users to rate their bowel prep experience. Users must provide their email address and accept opt-in terms in order to share their experience.
Sponsored by Ferring Pharmaceuticals Inc., Colonoscopy Guide: What to Expect was developed in partnership with the Colon Cancer Alliance and in collaboration with Douglas K. Rex, MD, FACP, FACG, FASGE and Philip O. Katz, MD, FACP, FACG, who provided GI input. The health and medical information in this application is not intended to take the place of advice or treatment from your healthcare provider. If you have any questions, please consult your healthcare provider.
What's New in Version 1.3
Added URLScheme to launch the app from other apps.
Prep Tool is crappy...pun intended
When my doctor told me that there's an app, it eased my mind about the whole process. I am disappointed.
Only the educational (reading) part works. The interactive parts, such as setting a date or the prep tool, freeze at the first screen...every time.
Concept - 5 stars
Execution - 1 stool... I mean star
Not helpful. Most info are available elsewhere. This app is very clunky and clumsy. Need something more focused and helpful.
Clean...like a well-prepped colon
Concise with simple diagrams.
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Aug 14, 2013
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 25.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: MedActionPlan.com
- © 2012 Tim Peters and Company Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.