By Bruno Lima
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
New version 2.0 now available!
- Generate custom color scheme using the "color scheme style generator"
- improved UI including touch color wheel and brightness slider.
- customize the exported css file using the "custom css tag editor"
Color Oven is a great tool for designers out there, especially designers working with CSS. With it you can calculate color schemes based on an initial color and a scheme type. Then you can preview these schemes on different mediums, including a web page. You can also save the color schemes, and e-mail them, as well as their CSS code in case you're a web designer.
- Calculate color schemes and their hex values.
- Save color schemes for later use.
- Preview color schemes as they would look in a web page through CSS (mainly for web designers).
- E-mail color schemes and their hex values to anyone across the globe.
- E-mail a color schemes' CSS code to anyone across the globe.
- Custom **new**
What is Color Oven Useful for?
- Generating colors for a web site
- Generating color schemes for any graphic design project (print, logos, brochures, etc..)
- Communicating ideas between designers far away from each other
- Helpful tool for working with applications such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, and Dreamweaver.
Who is Color Oven Useful for?
- Designers (Web, Graphic, Fashion, Interior, etc..)
- Anyone who loves colors!
What's New in Version 3.0.1
- Better icon
- Improved stability
- Faster processing for loading preview logo
Nice but not fully functional
This app is intuitive and useful. The export to css and html are fantastic. I cannot get the get color theme from a photo function to work. It does not recognize the images on my camera roll. I would find that function very useful. I hope that an update fixes it!
I will use this app to develop colors structures for web design and I won't be tied to my desktop.
A nice improvement would be to see live changes to the logo or example web page as you move over picker.
Nice job, please fix the camer roll issue.
I was nervous about purchasing this app, but I took a chance because it seemed to have the features that I needed. Turns out that this app is quite useful. I love the email features and it seems to pick out great palettes...which is great for a non-designer programmer like me.
Not bad. I was expecting to be able to create my own color themes by being able to manipulate each color the way it pleases me, but other than that, this app is good.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 12, 2010
- Version: 3.0.1
- Size: 1.5 MB
- Languages: English, French, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: Bruno Lima
- © 2009 Bruno Lima
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.