By Patrick Chamelo
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Color Picker, the utility application, designed for all Cocoa developers and application designers. An efficient color picker, for professionals, who care about optimizing their workflow and speed up their process.
With Color Picker, you can choose any color from everywhere in your screen using the magnifier and selecting your desired pixel. Then a preview of the color, its Hexadecimal, RGB value, NSColor and UIColor is displayed.
You can copy the code with a single click, drag 'n drop or use the new shortcuts to paste it into your source code.
Color Picker has now become even better.
- With the new Menubar option you can quickly access your recently copied or recently saved colors.
- The magnifier tool is instantly displaying a preview of the color. (HEX or RGB)
- Drag and drop your code from the application to any program you are working on. (e.g. Xcode)
Additionally, the app can read any HEX or RGB values that you might type and show you the corresponding color and code.
Last but not least, Color Picker gets you out of trouble remembering the colors you used, as it contains a library, where you can store the colors for any use in the future, simply by dragging the preview box to the library.
Especially for developers is now given the chance of Zero suppression, where they can remove redundant zeroes from the float numbers, as well as appending a semicolon in the source code.
- Added menubar icon
- Added recently saved and copied colors
- Code is draggable to other apps (e.g. Xcode)
- HEX or RGB value showing in the magnifier
- Retina support
- Pick up any color using the new built-in magnifying glass tool
- Save as many colors in the library for future use.
- Copy the format you need for your source code (e.g. NSColor, UIColor, HEX, RGB)
Color Picker requires OSX 10.7 or later
Visit our website to contact with us www.nscoding.co.uk for anything you may need or wonder!
Send your feature requests at: firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 1.4.0
- Swift support, generated color code can be Objective-C or Swift.
- Ready for Yosemite.
- Bug fixes and improvements in the overall design.
Thank you for your support.
Good idea but broken on multiple monitors
This app is a good idea, but it doesn’t work on multiple monitors, where one monitor has a different screen size than the other.
On the shorter monitor, the eye dropper picks up pixels that are vertically offset by a few hundred pixels from the mouse. In other words, the app picks colors from an area of the screen that isn’t under the mouse - instead picking from an area well above where the mouse is located.
If the eye dropper can be fixed this would be a useful app, but until then it’s just a good idea.
There are a plethera of color pickers. There are few that have the ability to create groups of color for a specific clients or projects. This one does. For that alone it is worth the price. It is also clean and intuative. It allows quick access from the menu bar. Great little app. Does what is needed.
Great with a few shortcomings
Clean and simple. Just two minor issues. One is the inability to assign a name to swatches. The second is a small bug that when renaming swatch folders. the new name doesn’t appear in the preferences dialogue. It only displays in the app, which could make it difficult to assign names if they were all displayed as “New Swatch"