"Color Smart" contains the second set of four lessons from Creativity Express. The lessons in Color Smart focus on color theory, the use of color in artwork to create an emotional response, and the chemistry and history of making paint.
• Animated Art Guides – Tickles, Furnace, and Ruby – lead children through four fun and engaging cross-curricular lessons designed to enhance your child’s critical thinking skills and unlock their creativity and problem solving capability.
• 4 Lessons: Value, Color, Warm & Cool Colors, and Making Paint
• 8 'Creativity Builders' art projects give children hands-on experience using knowledge from each lesson. Two projects per lesson, the topics range from experimenting with blending, hatching and stippling techniques to designing a superhero costume.
• A ‘Parents’ page detailed guide to each Creativity Builders project including objectives, vocabulary, materials and procedures.
• Idea Gizmo to jump-start your child’s imagination and creative thinking skills.
• Doodle Gizmo -A fun, easy-to-use drawing and painting program for your mobile device.
• Comprehensive Glossary of art terms and definitions
Creativity Express is a multi-award winning visual arts curriculum created by former Disney animators and professional educators. Each lesson features expert animation and engaging characters, followed by hands-on activities to strengthen understanding of the ideas presented.
Have your child be Color Smart with these lessons:
• Value: From old black and white movies to a talking zebra, discover the difference that black and white can make. Play hide-and-go-fish with value and value contrast to emphasize different elements within art.
• Color: Different colors can create stark contrast, soothing harmony, energy or excitement. Learn from Isaac Newton how the color wheel was invented, and understand hue, saturation and value in a whole new way.
• Warm & Cool Colors: Colors convey different emotions, but how? Explore Pablo Picasso's use of color throughout his career and discover why you’re sure the red car will win the race.
• Making Paint: How was Van Gogh’s artwork made possible by the invention of paint from tubes? Travel the timeline of ‘Color Evolution’, and use chemistry to create your own paint from elements in nature.
Recommended for ages 7-97
No user ID tracking
Meets the National Standards for the Visual Arts.
- Educational App Store (EAS) top 5-star certification
- Free to download with in-app purchase of lessons
- Minor tweaks and fixes
- Madcap Logic, LLC
- 152.9 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2007-2018 Madcap Logic LLC
- In-App Purchases
- All four lessons of 'Color Smart' $4.99
- Making Paint $1.99
- Warm & Cool Colors $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.