By Pocket Pixels Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Color Splash lets you quickly and easily give photos a dramatic look by converting them to black and white, while keeping your chosen details in color. This effect draws the viewers' attention to the colored areas, creating striking images.
The intuitive and responsive multi-touch user interface makes Color Splash amazingly easy and fun to use. Use your finger as a brush to "paint" sections of your image black and white, or to bring back the original color. Zooming in and out using the two-finger pinching gesture allows you to work on details with pixel-accuracy.
- Short tutorial videos explain the use of all features and will have you editing your images in minutes.
- Choose photos to edit from your iPhone photo library or from Facebook, Instagram, Dropbox, Google+, Picasa or Flickr.
- Share your edited images on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Flickr or Picasa. Email them, or save them to your Dropbox.
- Save multiple sessions to resume your work later.
- Undo any number of accidental brush strokes.
- An alternative view mode highlights the regions that will remain in color with a red tint. This makes it easier to see and adjust the boundaries between color and black & white regions.
- Choose from 4 different brushes (hard or soft edged, opaque or transparent) and adjust the brush size.
- Hide the toolbars in full screen mode.
What's New in Version 3.5.1
- Fixed a bug that on iOS 8 sometimes made it impossible to paint.
Added in 3.5:
- Support for pressure sensitive drawing on the iPhone 6S
On the latest iPhones you can now temporarily increase the brush size simply by pressing harder on the screen while you are drawing. This is great for quickly coloring in large areas. We also added new settings that allow you to customize the behavior of this new feature.
I take a lot of pix, and use many tools, mostly Lightroom & Photoshop for optimization. Color Splash gives me a quick easy way to improve impact on appropriate images. Choosing the appropriate images for this treatment is important. Understanding that modifications done on a phone with your thumbs are not comparable to formally edited images is also important. But, for skating the fine line between the visual economy of b&w, and the cue a small amount of color can add to a pop media image, Color Splash is hard to beat. (thick thumbs and all!)
I really enjoy this app, but...
I love this app and it super easy to learn. Detailed work can take awhile though. It would be pretty cool if the app would offer options to change colors of individual section in each picture. The app allows you to edit the overall tone, contrast, etc. of colored portions of the photo, but doesn't allow you to change these things independently from other areas of the same photo.
Fun app to make an image pop
This app is good when you want to make a certain part of an image really pop. It's also good for basic color correction. I like that it saves the image separate from the original because I don't want to lose that. Not tons you can do with this app as far as I can tell but still cool and worth the $0.99.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Oct 29, 2015
- Version: 3.5.1
- Size: 24.9 MB
- Languages: English, French, Japanese
- Seller: Pocket Pixels Inc.
- © 2013 Pocket Pixels Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.