Color Splash lets you quickly and easily give photos a dramatic look by converting them to black and white, while keeping your chosen details in color. This effect draws the viewers' attention to the colored areas, creating striking images.
The intuitive and responsive multi-touch user interface makes Color Splash amazingly easy and fun to use. Use your finger as a brush to "paint" sections of your image black and white, or to bring back the original color. Zooming in and out using the two-finger pinching gesture allows you to work on details with pixel-accuracy.
- Short tutorial videos explain the use of all features and will have you editing your images in minutes.
- Choose photos to edit from your iPhone photo library or from Facebook, Instagram, Dropbox or Flickr.
- Share your edited images on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or Flickr. Email them, or save them to your Dropbox.
- Save multiple sessions to resume your work later.
- Undo any number of accidental brush strokes.
- An alternative view mode highlights the regions that will remain in color with a red tint. This makes it easier to see and adjust the boundaries between color and black & white regions.
- Choose from 4 different brushes (hard or soft edged, opaque or transparent) and adjust the brush size.
- Hide the toolbars in full screen mode.
- Added new setting for left handed users, to show the brush monitor on the right instead of the left side
- Added support for iOS 12 and the newest iPhones
Ratings and Reviews
The Best!!! Seriously.
I was so pleased with Juxtaposer’s simple yet powerfully amazing UI that buying Color Splash was and still is a no-brainer! The only difference between the two apps is that this one uses the same UI to color or “uncolor”, so to speak, instead of erasing and “unerasing”. Like Juxtaposer, you can zoom in to edit pictures pixel by pixel rendering professional quality images that’ll have your friends and family begging for copies! You’ll be glad to know you saved an arm and leg by purchasing this app because there is nothing better. I’ve spent the money and I regret not having Color Splash and Juxtaposer in my previous repertoire. I will be following these developers indefinitely as I am eager to see what ways they can apply the same ingenuity to other photo editing angles/aspects in the future. Thank you Pocket Pixel Inc. once again! You are the best!
Very nice and simple
Makes color splash easy down to intricate detail. Wondering though what happened to your app BlurFX. Loved that app but it’s no longer on the App Store and won’t open anymore saying it needs an update for the new iOS. Can we get one more update? That app worked just as well as this one, easy, clean and very detailed. Disappointed to see that go. ETA: nevermind about the other app. Thanks for the reply.
Sorry, but BlurFX is an app by a different developer. We (Pocket Pixels) just have Color Splash and Juxtaposer, both of which are still being maintained and updated.
This does exactly what it says it does – and is very easy to use. In addition to being able to single out items on a photo in color, there are decent photo editing tools to make the picture more dramatic. What takes it to five stars IMO is the fantastic video you get on first use of the app. So easy to understand, and a great overview of how to use the app. Well done.
- Pocket Pixels Inc.
- 46.1 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, Japanese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Pocket Pixels Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.