Join over 21,000,000 of our fans and download one of our Sudoku games today!
Makers of the Best Sudoku Game of the Year 2008, Sudoku (Free), we offer you the same great features in Color Sudoku.
If you like to play Sudoku, you will love the challenge of Color Sudoku! Tickle the creative side of your brain; its fun!
All options are on by default, but you can turn them off in the Options menu
• Show Incorrect :: Shows incorrect answers in red.
• Smart Buttons :: Disables the number button when that number is completed on the game board.
• Smart Notes :: Removes the number from the notes in the box, column, and row that contains the cell with your correct answer.
• 1000 unique handcrafted puzzles
• Four different skill levels
• ALL puzzles are solvable WITHOUT guessing
• Challenge a friend
• Multiple color schemes
• "ALL notes": tap the "All notes" button on to show all the possible answers for each square. Tap the "All notes" button off to remove the notes.
• Hints: shows the answer for the selected square or a random square when one is not selected
• Pause the game at any time and resume where you left off
• Best times, progress statistics, and much more
Do you want more? Try one of our other versions of sudoku which have all the same great features!
* Look for our paid edition of Sudoku with 1000 puzzles and more unique color schemes.
* For advanced puzzle solving, try Expert Sudoku to challenge your sudoku solving skills.
Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Different, but Great
I love this game. The Easy level is a heck o a challenge until you get used to colors instead of numbers.
Color sudoku is awesome. I love this app. Unlike other apps, here the graphics are well laid-out and easy on the eyes. No extra bling, whistles or cute fluff to distract. Its elegant and clean. Well done.
Working in color seems like a purer right-brain experience. I enjoy direct and indirect solves more because I can visually follow a pattern and see its broader play.
The game plays out differently this way. It seems to have more soul, more plot.
The challenge of distinguishing close hues is an interesting feature and seems to depend partially on the brightness setting of your screen.
It would be cool if we were able to create our own color palettes (or even pattern/texture palettes). Some of the colors are just too stressfully close to others and many of the color palette options are pointless.
Some reviewers feel the skill levels are low (that the hard isn't so hard), but I've found the sudoku arrangements slowly get harder within each category. You just have to keep at them.
The "challenge" feature is good for sharing, and I like that I can delete the time score from the message if I send one to a friend. It's not always about speed.
To share a game, it helps if the friend has an iPhone. Evidently it's not so available to other devices.
Lastly, while the price seems high, it's worth it if you actually play sudoku.
There's a future with this app.
Best of the Best
This Sudoku app and the other Sudoku apps by the same developer are the best Sudoku apps on any platform! They excel in clarity, interface, puzzle selection, statistical data, app performance, app reliability, settings, etc. I have all the Sudoku apps by this developer, and I enjoy all of them a lot! The only possible improvement that I can think of would be adding an option to choose the color/number/symbol first, instead of the cell position. This particular Sudoku app -- using colors -- is a brilliant idea that is fantastic to play. I find it much easier to process the color representations in my brain than the standard numerical representations, which btw can be easily viewed in any rotation of the screen. The "Scrapbook" Sudoku app is also wicked cool, and I would recommend trying the domino/dice representations on that one. I highly recommend all the Sudoku apps by this developer!
- Red Key Software Corporation
- 15.8 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2008-2017 Mighty Mighty Good Games
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.