By Mobile Pulse, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Colorado SIPA (powered by Mobile Pulse) is a network data performance monitoring tool. By installing this app, you are supporting Colorado SIPA's efforts to map broadband across the state of Colorado. Your phone will automatically complete an anonymous network test every few days. Your location and test results are completely anonymous and no personal information is transmitted, ensuring your privacy. This app will use a maximum of 100 mb per month.
* Anonymous testing of mobile broadband networks
* Automatically measures network data performance every few days
* Stops testing when 100mb maximum data is reached per month and begins testing again on the first day of the next month
* Test results are combined with all other Colorado SIPA tests in the area to validate carrier coverage and speeds
* Minimal battery impact.
* Why should I participate?
Better wireless performance and connectivity helps everyone. Not only do you and your family rely on the wireless network but so do police, fire and emergency services. Each test the app performs provides valuable information about where wireless services need improvement in your community.
* What information is being collected from my device?
The app only cares about the performance of the wireless network (upload,
download and latency) and the location of the test. There is no association of any information to you or your device. It is completely anonymous. No personal
information of any sort is being collected.
* Is there a cost?
* What about battery impact?
The app uses minimal resources. The software wakes up periodically (every few days), takes a GPS reading, performs a quick test, and then goes back to sleep,
utilizing very little battery power. In addition, the service has built in battery protection that turns the service off if your battery is too low.
* What about data usage?
The app ceases testing when it reaches the data consumption limit of 100 MB per month. (A typical data plan is in the 1-4GB/month range. Residents with no data
plan or very small data plans should not install the app.)
* What about my privacy?
* Will my phone be spammed or filled with advertisements?
No. Volunteers running the testing app will never receive any ads, marketing, or solicitations. Advertisements will not be displayed. You will not be asked for your email, phone number or any other way to contact you. The purpose of this app is ONLY to study mobile wireless connectivity and speeds.
* Are there other services like this?
The Mobile Pulse app works similarly to the traffic feature on Google Maps. The Google Maps app records your car’s speed and location and then combines the anonymous test results with other Google Map users to show traffic congestion. Mobile Pulse uses this same concept but for wireless network performance.
* How secure is the service?
Your privacy and security is our highest priority. Government security practices for encryption and two-factor authentication are utilized.
* What if I want to discontinue using the testing app?
You can delete the app from your device at any time.
* Go to colorado.gov/sipa to learn more.
What's New in Version 1.13.145
Added dynamic selection of server based on your location.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Oct 01, 2014
- Version: 1.13.145
- Size: 7.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Mobile Pulse, Inc.
- © 2014 Mobile Pulse, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.