By Coding Ventures
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Coloring Fun is a color book application for children. It features 12 professionally designed drawings, including teddy bear, bicycle, boat, snowman that every kid would enjoy. Scrollable color wheel contains kid-friendly bright colors and makes color selection intuitive and easy. Touch and fill function creates professional looking paintings every time.
Besides entertainment, the app provides educational value by spelling out the names of each drawing when pressed on it. You can also save each drawing to the photo gallery by pressing the camera button in the app. Shaking the phone erases the drawing, and shaking it again will undo the erase.
By using the Coloring Fun app, your kid will be able to create master pieces that they will be proud of! They will also improve their spelling while they are having fun painting!
Try Coloring Fun for 99 cents!
● Gallery screen - see all images in colored form
● Professionally drawn images
● Scrolling color palette with 27 colors. The color palette is implemented like a wheel. You can slide the wheel to reveal more colors.
● Ripple effect for coloring - a subtle water ripple effect is shown when coloring an image
● Shake and delete. Re-shaking does an undo.
● Click on the title of the image or the speech bubble to hear the spelling and pronunciation of the image.
● Scroll horizontally to see more images
● Store images in the photo gallery. Also visit the photo gallery from the app to verify the images stored.
Good but needs some work
My two year old grandson, who is extremely capable of using the iPhone for his apps, finds this interesting and doesn't seem to get as frustrated as I do with the ease with which the picture he is coloring flips to the next picture in the series. The sensitivity to switch between pictures should be adjusted so that the action of coloring with a tap is not misinterpreted as a flip to the next picture.
Interestingly, the color wheel is conversely much more difficult to turn and should be adjusted to make it easier to turn.
Other than that, a good app for learning what coloring within the lines looks like and for choice and artistic expression when crayons are not appropriate....and I found out that purple seems to be his favorite color..except for trucks. They have to be red.
My 7 year old loved this coloring app, it kept her pretty busy during our plane ride to Miami. Princess and snowman were her favorites : )
My toddler is into coloring and trucks, and this game keeps him busy when I am shopping.