Create aesthetic color schemes with ColorSquid.
Inspired by the principles of color theory and good interface design it helps you craft beautiful palettes and schemes in no time.
With ColorSquid you can:
• Invent new color combinations with no more than one click.
• Explore tints, shades and their relationships.
• Capture colors from anywhere on your screen with the built-in color picker tool.
• Import and export your color schemes as CSS, PNG, ASE and CLR files.
• Copy & Paste colors and whole palettes as code snippets for your favorite language/SDK (including CSS, AppKit, UIKit, SpriteKit, OpenGL and many more).
• Easily check what your color scheme will look like for a color blind person with the integrated color blindness simulator.
• Find inspiration with the smart randomize function.
- Fix for a bug where the UI would stop working properly once the application window has been closed and re-opened.
- .clr files can now be correctly opened through the "recent documents" menu.
Ratings and Reviews
Difficult to use and NO support
Setting colors in the color mixer is insanely tedious and very difficult to figure out. Documentation does not explain the process at all even though it is mentioned, the actual process is not described in any way. What makes it much worse is that their support it absolutely unresponsive. No reply at all after multiple contacts even asking if they ever reply to their support requests. No response at all. I find this very difficult to use and am hugely disappointed.
To enter a desired hexidecimal value, you must select a box, add the 6 digits, hit enter which brings up an OS-like window, then use the eyedropper tool to connect that color into the mixer box. Way, way too many steps when all one should need to do is select a box and enter the hexidecimal value. Also, hexidecimal is the only value you can enter, although the app does show a reading of the HSB and RGB values, you just can't enter those values other than by dragging the slider.
Best “color wheel” on the App Store for now
All the other color scheme/wheel apps on the App Store seem to be dead. This one get updates, works without crashing and the devs answer support mails. In my opinion currently the only color schemer worth using.
Wouldn’t want to miss this app now that I use it on an almost daily basis.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.