The COM-DEX app from Widex allows hearing aid users to remotely control their hearing aids via the COM-DEX hands-free streamer.
COM-DEX streams high-quality sound to Widex hearing aids from mobile phones and from a connected COM-DEX Remote Mic
With the COM-DEX App you can:
• Adjust volume settings, change programs or alter sound levels of Widex hearing aids via the COM-DEX
• Choose the directional focus of your hearing aids
• See COM-DEX and COM-DEX Remote Mic battery status
• COM-DEX Remote Mic controls: Pause/start stream, adjust microphone gain, surroundings on/off while streaming from microphone
• Boost the volume of streamed sound in settings menu
• Swipe screen support added (change active screen by swiping left/right)
• COM-DEX and COM-DEX Remote Mic Connection Guide
• Learn how to adjust sound, programs and sound direction with Usage Guides
• Learn basic hearing aid maintenance with instructional videos
• Locate nearest hearing care professional with the handy shop finder
• Use the mirror to help placement of hearing aids
If your current COM-DEX has firmware older than version 1.3.0 (e.g. 1.2.0 or 1.0.10):
Please consult your dispenser for firmware upgrade if you want to optimize your experience with
COM-DEX Remote Mic support or have access to the new features mentioned in “What’s new in Version 1.3.0”.
To verify your current firmware version on COM-DEX:
When the App is connected to your COM-DEX, the firmware version can be seen in menu More| Help | App and device information -> COM-DEX firmware version: x.x.xx
•New screen for control of COM-DEX Remote Mic if it is connected (require COM-DEX with firmware 1.3 or newer and a COM-DEX Remote Mic)
•Possible to boost the volume of streamed sound in settings menu (require COM-DEX with firmware 1.3 or newer)
•Swipe screen support added (change active screen by swiping left/right)
•Leave demo mode more intuitive and easy to located (tap red banner in top of screen)
Ratings and Reviews
Product is so unreliable cannot even get it to connect with new iPad Pro 3rd generation.
Works sometimes on iPhone without the beeps. Paying so much for full tech hearing aids you’d think Bluetooth should not be so hard to program for.
Will think more than twice about buying Widex heating aids again even though this is my second pair. Others have the blue tooth technology working so much better.
I’ve used this app with the iPhone 6s+ and iPhone X with equal frustration. It won’t stay connected. I’ve been told I need to delete and re-pair the device, but I’m not going to do that every time I try to use it.
Don’t waste your money.
Needs to update
I love my device but it only picks up video on my phone for one second and then cuts out completely. It is only a small thing but being able to listen without being on speaker is the whole point. I got 3 years from my first one and bought it again but this worked fine for two years and then an update screwed it up. Same situation with new one so the bug is in the software. For this much money, I will be looking for other options next time.
- Widex A/S
- 36.8 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch.
- English, Albanian, Arabic, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2015 Widex
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.