By Vixen Co.,Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Comet Book App clearly shows you when and from which direction Comet can be viewed.
The direction and elevation of Comet can change noticeably in a day due to its fast apparent motion. The moon and a bright planet may be convenient as a guide to find the comet; nevertheless they have a large apparent motion, too.
This App determines where Comet is in the sky when it becomes visible at your observing site.
You can easily start your observation of Comet using Comet Book as a guide to the direction and elevation of the comet.
The following new functions are added to Ver.1.1 Comet Book.
1. Night Vision Mode
Accessing the “Setup” menu and turning on the night vision mode will change the star chart to an amber color. This prevents your night vision from being affected by the bright screen.
2. Support Page
3. The present latitude and longitude recognized by the Comet Book.
When you view stars in the night sky, the date, time and the present latitude and longitude are essential information to know the direction and altitude of stars and comets. The same information is necessary when you display the star charts using the Comet Book. Pressing the “GPS Receiving Status” icon will show the location of your observing site on a simplified world map.
4. Updating orbital elements for Comet.
The Comet Book updates orbital elements for Comet on startup.
What's New in Version 1.3
1. If Comet is selected, the illumination of unselected Comet is diminished in order to easily distinguish the selected one from others.
2. A swipe icon that allows you to scroll the star chart is set up on the lower right corner of the screen. If the double circles swipe icon appears on the screen, it allows you to swipe the star chart left and right in semicircular star chart screen.
The star chart can be moved up and down or left and right with a swipe in the full screen star chart.
Besides, the star chart can be zoomed in with a pinch gestures up to 5 times in the full screen star chart.
Tapping the swipe icon will change the screen from the star chart that synchronizes with a real view of night skies to the fixed star chart that does not follow your viewing direction, and vice versa. The present mode of the swipe icon will be switched each time the swipe icon is tapped.
If your on-line terminal unit does not have a function of electronic compass, the star chart is stayed with the swipe mode and cannot be switched to the other mode displaying your viewing direction.
3. The stars of 4.5th magnitude and brighter are displayed in the semicircular star chart and the stars of 6th magnitude and brighter are displayed in the full screen star chart.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Dec 17, 2013
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 9.6 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese
- Seller: Vixen Co., Ltd.
- © 株式会社ビクセン
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.