By DenVog, LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Comic Viewer is a great way to download and read comics. Comic Viewer has an integrated web browser, so you can download comics from your favorite site. Or add comics via your computer with iTunes File Sharing. Browse your library by cover, or a searchable list view. Tap a comic to open it, flip through pages with a swipe or a tap and experience realistic page turns. You can even view 2-pages side-by-side by rotating landscape.
• Really nice, and it's fast. - BoingBoing
• I now have a new favorite – Comic Viewer. - iMore
• …unique functionality that future apps will have to include to be considered the true killer iPad comic app. - Gizmodo
• Download free comics using the integrated web browser
• Add comics over USB with iTunes File Sharing
• Open comics from Mail or Dropbox apps
Organize Your LIbrary
• Browse your collection by cover or list
• Display reading status for Unopened, Opened, and Finished comics
• Organize comics into stacks
• Search and sort comics in list view
Read By Touch
• Flip pages by swiping or tapping
• Zoom in on pages with double-tap or pinch / expand gestures
• Drag covers to reorder comics on your library shelves
• Tap a comic to open for reading
• Jump to a specific page with the navigation slider
Control Your Experience
• Adjust screen screen brightness to find perfect lighting for any environment
• Auto-fit pages to screen width with a single tap of the fullscreen button
• Bookmark individual pages
• Preview comic pages as thumbnails (all or just bookmarked)
• Switch comics to Manga mode for right-to-left reading
• Choose what's next with last page dialog that returns you to Library or starts comic over
Enjoy the View
• View 2-pages side-by-side in landscape
• Experience realistic page turn animations
• Choose from 3 background themes
• Enjoy images optimized for the best display and reading performance
• Resume reading where you left off with last page auto-save
• Hide background, controls, and status bar for distraction-free reading
Harness Comic Metadata (CoMet)
• View, add, or edit, detailed comic info via the proposed CoMet standard
• Sort your library by title, series, or genre
• Search your library to find comics quickly
• Top 5 Paid iPad Books - App Store
• What's Hot - App Store
• New & Noteworthy - App Store
• Archives: CBZ, Zip, CBR, Rar
• Images: PNG, JPEG, GIF
I read all support mail, and respond to most messages within 24 hours.
• More info at: www.ComicViewerApp.com
• Follow me on Twitter: twitter.com/DenVog
Thanks for buying my app, and supporting an indie developer!
What's New in Version 4.0.2
Brightness slider (Reading Settings) now correctly adjusts screen brightness.
Good, but flawed
It's a solid basic reader app: dev has fixed some of the major bugs (brightness control didn't function correctly for a while) and it's has both a cover and list based interface.
BUT - still has some limitations, especially if you have a large collection. In list view, it will, by default always return you to the top of the list. So, if you have 500 books, and you're trying to read a run of, say, X-Men, you will spend a LOT of time scrolling back to X-Men from "A". And - since there is no "jump to next issue" option, you could almost literally spend more time scrolling back to your title than you do reading an actual series. Really want to like this app, but it is too frustrating to use at present for large collections. Have decided to abandon this app in search of another, but would love to give it a chance in the future. Can really only give it two stars for my purposes, but would gladly re-rate if issues were addressed.
Also, I feel the cover view displays the covers at a resolution that is so small that I am forced to use list view, but that is a personal preference. Would be great if you could resize the cover view at will, to display covers larger or smaller, with a slider, or some other function a la the dock preferences on the Mac.
As a side note, the developer is very nice and does respond quickly to bug information if you contact them with issues.
Great app with one issue
This is my favorite app on my iPad mini-- pure love for it. But one annoying feature I wish would get fixed is it overrides your brightness setting. So browsing in the dark turns into a supernova bright light when I open the app. But awesome comic reader-- I have 9GB of comics in mine.
this is a fantastic app.
I have over 10GB of comics stored in this app and no issues at all. i had a problem with the brightness setting and the dev got back to me and showed me how to fix it (in the gear icon while you’re in a particular issue). My most used app.