By Bitcartel Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
ComicBookLover lets you read comics, manga and graphic novels on your iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch.
ComicBookLover, the premier digital comic app for Mac OS X, is now available on iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. ComicBookLover lets you take your digital comics with you, giving you the freedom to read and enjoy your favorite stories and characters, any time, any place. Free comics are included to get you started.
If you're a Mac user, enjoy the ultimate digital comic experience by using both ComicBookLover on your desktop, and ComicBookLover on your iPhone!
- Read comics with a familiar user interface
- Manga mode
- Intelligent zooming
- Lock orientation
- Screen brightness
- Transfer and open comics via apps like Safari and Mail
- Transfer comics
- via iTunes File Sharing or FTP
- from popular cloud services like Dropbox and Box
- with ComicBookLover for Mac OS X over WiFi
- from WebDAV servers
- Twitter support
- Support for comics in CBZ, CBR and PDF format
We want to give you the best digital comic reading experience with ComicBookLover. Your feedback is important, so let us know what you want in a comic reader, and help shape the future of ComicBookLover. Get in touch now!
HOW TO READ
Some simple shortcuts for you:
- Tap once to show or hide the controls
- Tap the left or right hand side of the screen to move between pages
- Double-tap to zoom in or out
- Pinch to adjust the zoom level
- Swipe to move between pages
- To delete a comic, swipe on a comic in the library
HOW TO TRANSFER COMICS TO YOUR IPHONE
ITUNES (Mac and Windows users)
iTunes File Sharing is available for iPhone (iOS 4.0 or later) and iPad ( iOS 3.2 or later).
1. Connect your computer to your iPhone/iPad using the USB cable.
2. Launch iTunes on your computer.
3. In the Devices section of the left-hand menu, select your iPhone/iPad.
4. Click on the Apps tab and scroll to the bottom of the page.
5. Select ComicBookLover and then drag and drop CBZ/CBR comics to the document list. Alternatively, click on the 'Add...' button.
6. In ComicBookLover on your iPhone/iPad, select Transfer, iTunes File Sharing, and then click the 'Add to Library...' button.
MAC USERS (Using ComicBookLover for Mac OS X, and Sync app)
To transfer comics to your iPhone or iPod Touch you will need to have a Mac running OS X 10.6 or later.
1. Download for free, ComicBookLover for Mac OS X (you can run in Demo mode and do not need to register the application)
2. Download for free, ComicBookLover Sync, a tool to help transfer comics from ComicBookLover on your Mac, to your iPhone or iPod Touch.
3. Launch both applications.
4. Turn on WiFi on your iPhone and launch the ComicBookLover App. Select the 'Downloads' tab.
5. On Mac OS X, drag and drop a comic from ComicBookLover to the sync tool to transfer it.
FIND OUT MORE
To get ComicBookLover and the iPhone transfer tool, or simply find out more about digital comics, please visit:
To chat with other comic fans, visit the forums:
GET IN TOUCH
Let us know what you want in a comic reader, and help shape the future of ComicBookLover for iPhone and iPod Touch. Get in touch now!
What's New in Version 0.8.3
iOS 8 compatibility.
Best comic reader!
Free, no adds, no in app purchase nonsense.
My favorite feature is being able to zoom in using landscape mode and stay zoomed in after swiping to the next page.
Landscape mode seems to be broken right now on iphone 6, but i assume that will be fixed soon?
My favorite way to read comics
I've tried a lot of other comic readers out there, but this one is the best for me. I wish there was a way to edit titles and other metadata easily in the app, but it generally runs well and the Dropbox support is fantastic.
Comic transfer MUST be done via iTunes - NO WIFI SYNC
Most comic book reader app allows you to transfer comic through Wifi. I.e. either download an app on your Mac OR start the wifi sync from the iOS app itself. ComicBookLover (CBL) claim to have this, even with the Mac app but it never work. I emailed the developer and received no response. The ONLY way to transfer the comic is to use iTunes, which is very cumbersome at best.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Oct 14, 2014
- Version: 0.8.3
- Size: 15.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Bitcartel Software
- © 2014 Bitcartel Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.