Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Finally a comic reader for iPad done right! ComicFlow was designed with one goal in mind: providing the best experience for comic fans with large collections.
- Polished interface
- Can handle very large comic collections (1,500+ comics and dozens of GB) without crashing or becoming unusable
- Imports new comics in the background
- Doesn't need to pre-process comic files before you can read them
- Supports .cbr, .cbz and pdf files
Importing Comics - iTunes with USB cable:
- Connect your iPad to your computer and launch iTunes
- In the Applications section, select ComicFlow in the list at the bottom
- Drag and drop comic files into the Documents area
- If ComicFlow is already running, display the settings window (upper-right button) and tap on "Update Library"
Importing Comics - Web Server over WiFi (In-App purchase required for unlimited use):
- Make sure your iPad and computer are on the same WiFi network
- Launch ComicFlow
- Display the settings window (upper-right button) and set the Web Server setting to "Website" mode
- Open the provided URL in a web browser on your computer
- To upload comics as part of series, first create a folder then upload the comic files into it
Instead of a web browser, if you prefer to use a WebDAV client (e.g. Transmit or ForkLift for Mac or CyberDuck for Mac / Windows), set the Web Server setting to "WebDAV" mode and connect the client to the provided URL.
Deleting or changing a comic or series status:
- Tap and hold on a comic thumbnail or a series thumbnail
- Choose the appropriate option in the pop-up menu that appears
ComicFlow is also the first (and only?) open-source comic reader for iPad: get the full source from https://github.com/swisspol/ComicFlow under GPL v3 license.
Looking for free public domain comics? Check out http://digitalcomicmuseum.com!
What's New in Version 1.4.1
Bug fixes and improved iOS 8 compatibility
Great comic reading app!
I read a lot of cbr files on my computer. But what I hated most was not being to see an entire page without zooming out to 40 or 50%, which makes the lettering almost unreadable. I was tired of constantly having to zoom in and zoom out to read and fully appreciate the page and art. This app saved me! Now I can finally read my cbr files with ease. And this is a much more portable option than carrying my computer around. It is so worth it to pay for the unlimited library space. My only wish is that it were easier to upload the comics to the server and then onto the iPad. Wonderful app, highly recommend!
Exactly what I wanted
I bought an iPad mini pretty much specifically to read comic books on. I was happy to find this app right away. It makes transferring files to my iPad a piece of cake. The only improvement I would suggest is a little bit more flexibility or drag and drop functionality with file management. It is great because you can create subfolders of different books. It would also be nice to sort them manually and read order, and also to make it a little easier to create subfolders and put files into them. I definitely paid for the unlimited server space. All in all, this app is awesome.
This Is What You're Looking For
I installed this app to read .cbr & .crz files. Does exactly what I need similar to CDisplay. You really have to purchase the web server if You plan on putting a lot of comics on your iPad. It's nice having them all in separate folders by title. I'd like to have a subfolder feature so you can put all titles for a certain character into one folder. That isn't even a big deal so there really isn't anything bad to say about it. I've used it for a year now & it's helped me save a significant amount of money.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Oct 13, 2014
- Version: 1.4.1
- Size: 3.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Pierre-Olivier Latour
- Copyright © 2010-2014 Pol-Online. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- ComicFlow Unlimited Web Server$4.99