Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Finally a comic reader for iPad done right! ComicFlow was designed with one goal in mind: providing the best experience for comic fans with large collections.
- Polished interface
- Can handle very large comic collections (1,500+ comics and dozens of GB) without crashing or becoming unusable
- Imports new comics in the background
- Doesn't need to pre-process comic files before you can read them
- Supports .cbr, .cbz and pdf files
Importing Comics - iTunes with USB cable:
- Connect your iPad to your computer and launch iTunes
- In the Applications section, select ComicFlow in the list at the bottom
- Drag and drop comic files into the Documents area
- If ComicFlow is already running, display the settings window (upper-right button) and tap on "Update Library"
Importing Comics - Web Server over WiFi (In-App purchase required for unlimited use):
- Make sure your iPad and computer are on the same WiFi network
- Launch ComicFlow
- Display the settings window (upper-right button) and set the Web Server setting to "Website" mode
- Open the provided URL in a web browser on your computer
- To upload comics as part of series, first create a folder then upload the comic files into it
Instead of a web browser, if you prefer to use a WebDAV client (e.g. Transmit or ForkLift for Mac or CyberDuck for Mac / Windows), set the Web Server setting to "WebDAV" mode and connect the client to the provided URL.
Deleting or changing a comic or series status:
- Tap and hold on a comic thumbnail or a series thumbnail
- Choose the appropriate option in the pop-up menu that appears
ComicFlow is also the first (and only?) open-source comic reader for iPad: get the full source from https://github.com/swisspol/ComicFlow under GPL v3 license.
Looking for free public domain comics? Check out http://digitalcomicmuseum.com!
What's New in Version 1.4.1
Bug fixes and improved iOS 8 compatibility
I love using this app for my comics. I download and need to carry tons of comics with me but with this app i have everything right here and no way to bend the pages. I gave it 4 stars only because it doesn't support subfolders which i think would be amazing to add later on.
When it comes to reading comics and putting them on the app it takes seconds once you are connected to the website to transfer files over. The program reads zip files which i thought was amazing but haven't had the luxury of trying yet.
The folders and rearranging files in the folders are very easy to do when you are on the computer because the app doesn't allow for you to change names or rearrange anything which is a pain if you don't notice before closing out the computer.
Great reader just missing a few things
As a comic reader the app is awesome, it is just missing a few things to be perfect. You can not add folders within folders, the app just does not see the nested folders and that can make things itheresting when trying to add some bigger collections. The option to dim the screen is nice but the addition of a slider with the dim switch would be better. I can understand why the backup storage options are the way they are but it would really add to the app if comics in the app could have an option to back up to itunes (default on) and icloud (default off) as well as the in app puchase(that does not seem to have much information on it - is this monthly or lifetime?)
Bottom line this is a GREAT comic book reader!!! the app just needs a few more tweaks....thanks for the hard work
Great comic reading app!
I read a lot of cbr files on my computer. But what I hated most was not being to see an entire page without zooming out to 40 or 50%, which makes the lettering almost unreadable. I was tired of constantly having to zoom in and zoom out to read and fully appreciate the page and art. This app saved me! Now I can finally read my cbr files with ease. And this is a much more portable option than carrying my computer around. It is so worth it to pay for the unlimited library space. My only wish is that it were easier to upload the comics to the server and then onto the iPad. Wonderful app, highly recommend!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Books
- Updated: Oct 13, 2014
- Version: 1.4.1
- Size: 3.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Pierre-Olivier Latour
- Copyright © 2010-2014 Pol-Online. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- ComicFlow Unlimited Web Server$4.99