By Markus Eisenstoeck
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With ComicRack for the iPad you can read your comics wherever you are, however you want.
Short and not complete feature list:
• Optimized for your iPad
• Continue reading where you left the last time
• Reader with single and double page viewing
• Advanced zoom modes and auto scrolling
• Right to left reading mode for manga comics
• Color adjustments
• Automatic page cropping to better use the display of your iPad
• Full library management with lists and searching
• Management of reading states (unread, completed etc.)
• WiFi synchronization with ComicRack for Windows or load them with iTunes
• Reads CBZ and CBR natively
• When used together with ComicRack for Windows it supports CBZ, CBR, CB7, CBT, PDF, DJVU and WebComics
• Open comics directly from other apps
• ComicRack automatically sorts and groups your comics by series, stories, writers etc.
• Share what you are reading on Twitter, Facebook, etc.
• Save or print screenshots of your comics.
• Supports the WebP image format for reduced memory usage.
To copy your comics to your iPad either
• Copy your comics with iTunes or
• Synchronize your comics and reading lists with ComicRack for Windows over WiFi. Your synchronized comics will also be converted and optimized so they can be read fast an reliable on your iPad. And best of all, this way you can read all the formats ComicRack for Windows supports (PDFs and even WebComics). The optimization can also reduce the space required by your comics by half without noticeable quality reduction (optional).
ComicRack includes a 30 page manual with step by step introduction to the app.
ComicRack has an active and supportive user community. If you need tips, help or just want to talk about comics head over to http://comicrack.cyolito.com
Screenshots are displayed with permission of the respective creators.
What's New in Version 1.0.15
* Improved right-to-left reading mode.
* Bug fixes.
Crashes too often
The program now crashes at least 50% of the time. It's not worth the bother anymore.
Absolutely fantastic integration w/ desktop app
ComicRack is a great reader on the iPad - but the real magic for me is the integration with the desktop App. I can organize, manage my comics on my computer, create a “Smart List” of the comics I want on my iPad, and just touch a button to sync them. It’s fantastic.
Used to be good, not updated in years now
I used to like this app a lot and use it for all my comic reading. However, it hasn't been updated in over two years, and does NOT support the iPad Pro 13 resolution, so pages are blurry. Please update!!!