Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Enter the Comix Zone, in SEGA's classic arcade-style beat 'em up, now available on mobile for the first time. Play free and prepare for the first truly interactive comic book ever!
You are Sketch Turner, a street-wise comic book artist trapped in a comic book world of your own creation. Journey into this post-punk nightmare world. See your enemies drawn before you and defeat them. Battle the Mutant Queen. Survive the Dead Ship and Lava Mines. Then defeat the super-villain, Mortus, to escape.
Comix Zone joins the SEGA Forever Classic Games Collection, a treasure trove of free SEGA console classics brought to life on mobile for the first time!
- Battle panel by panel through full hand-drawn comic book pages
- All the action and adventure of your favorite comics!
- Unleash superhero power-ups and tons of intense fighting moves
- Wield knives, hand grenades, dynamite, and paper planes*
- Search out hidden items with your pet rat, Roadkill
- Sharpen your fighting skills to defeat mutant enemies drawn by Mortus, public enemy No.1
MOBILE GAME FEATURES
- PLAY FREE
- SAVE YOUR GAMES – save your progress at any point in the game
- LEADERBOARDS – compete with the world for high scores
- CONTROLLER SUPPORT – fully integrated wireless Bluetooth controller support
- "Comix Zone oozes style, looks fantastic and plays brilliantly." [92%] - Mark Patterson, Computer & Video Games #167 (October 1995)
- "A new concept that really delivers. Just imagine taking your favourite comic and controlling the action." [91%] - Nick Protz, Sonic the Comic #60 (15 September 1995)
- "This is a game that deserves to win over the most jaded beat 'em up practitioners." [89%] - Marcus Hearn, Mean Machines SEGA #36 (October 1995)
- "Once again SEGA come up trumps with an original title guaranteed to give gamers many sleepless nights." [83%] - Mat Yeo, SEGA Pro #50 (October 1995)
- "A twinkling star in the vacuous space of platform / beat 'em ups." [81%] - Dean Mortlock, SEGA Power #72 (November 1995)
- "One of the best-looking games, indeed, ever to grace the Mega Drive." [79%] - Mr Biffo, Digitiser (7th October, 1995)
COMIX ZONE TRIVIA
- Press and hold the punch button to tear off a piece of the comic book, make a paper plane, and throw it at enemies
- Make Sketch pass gas by repeatedly pressing down on the D-Pad in certain areas
- Comix Zone features a happy and sad ending depending on how you defeat the final boss
- SEGA held patent US 6010405 for the game systems innovative simulation of a comic book
COMIX ZONE HISTORY
First released August 1996 on the SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis system
Developed by: SEGA Technical Institute
Designer: Peter Morawiec
Lead Programmer: Adrian Stephens
Game apps are ad-supported and no in-app purchases are required to progress; ad-free play option available with in-app purchase.
SEGA, the SEGA logo and COMIX ZONE are either registered trade marks or trade marks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
- - - - -
What's New in Version 1.0.7
Sketch, we've powered up the game with some new performance improvements!
- Updated sound emulation for a more authentic experience
- Fixed an issue where cloud saves could be lost due to an interrupted connection
- Improved cloud save messaging
Worst Sega forever port so far
So far, the Sega forever input has been amazing thus far. And I appreciate that Sega is making efforts to improve there engine. However, out of all the ports I've seen thus far, comic zone works the worst. It's issues include poor sound emulation and terrible frame rates. Which is absolutely CRUCIAL for brawlers like comix Zone. Amidst all this, comix Zone is still hands down one of the best Sega genesis games out there and is a hidden gem amongst many gamers. I just wish that Sega would treat it as such. Keep on improving Sega!!!
I love sega games
This game brings back memories from me being a kid waiting for the weekend so I could play. I wish they would have brought this back out for the Dreamcast I still have mine.
Thanks for the childhood memory
This game brings back so many memories it's alil glitchy but I'm sure you guys are working on sum of the issues I give five stars because I have faith in sega :)
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jul 13, 2017
- Version: 1.0.7
- Size: 162 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Sega America
- © SEGA, the SEGA logo and are either registered trade marks or trade marks of SEGA Holdings Co., Ltd. or its affiliates. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Remove non-SEGA adverts$1.99