Command-C — Clipboard Sharing Tool for iOS and OS X
By Danilo Torrisi
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Copy & Share Text and Pictures between iOS and OS X, without even opening the app!
Command-C is a revolutionary app which makes easy to share your clipboard between iOS and OS X using your local WiFi network, even if the app is not currently opened.
Do you want to know what it’s capable of? Check out the video on http://danilo.to
• Copy anything ( text, pictures, urls ) from your Mac or iOS device, open Command-C and share it to another device. No need to double tap the home button, whatever app you’re currently using just paste it and you’re done!
• Track of every clipboards shared using the Clipboard History. Open Command-C, swipe left and check out the most recently shared clipboards. Tap to preview, Long Press to copy or delete.
• Enhance your iOS workflows using x-callback-urls and bookmarklets.
Still not convinced? Here’s what people says:
‣ Command-C is hitting another major roadblock in iOS, which is being able to send data to other apps without opening the main Command-C app — Federico Viticci ( Macstories.net )
‣ Command-C is an extremely easy way to send snippets between iOS and OS X devices that reside on the same WiFi network — Kelly Hodgkins ( Tuaw.com )
‣ Clearly this is exactly how a clipboard should work in the age of iOS — Charlie Sorrel ( Cultofmac.com )
What's New in Version 1.1.7
‣ Fixed a bug with background sharing.
If you had problems while sharing in background to an iOS device:
Open the iOS app, tap on Settings -> Background Sharing -> Reset Activation.
This is great!
I have had Command-C for a long time now, and yes, at first I had trouble. I am on iOS 8 now - two iPads, two iPhones (wife and I) and an old MacBook. iOS 8 has some nice features for communications, but I find myself using Command-C mostly. Like I am reading a page that the wife might like, I simply say "here's a page for you dear..." and send the link via the clipboard to her iPad, ...and up it comes for her. Very simple; a no brainer. Is great at one thing - transferring the clipboard to a device of your choice. And that it does well!
I really like it as I switch between my mac & iPhone often. It's so easy to copy from one device & paste to another. I wish it would save the files copied automatically instead of one-by-one. Also, I can't find the clipboard in Mac. So if you don't paste the text immediately, it's very tough to use. Ditto for files on Mac. And on my mac, it also hangs once in a while.
Works great! iOS 8.3 + Mac OS 10.3 & 10.4
I'm not sure what version of iOS or Mac OS the other reviewers have used "Command-C" with, however, it has worked flawlessly for me using iOS 8.3 with my production iMac running 10.3 and my development /testing iMac running 10.4.
The only feature I would love to see is support for Linux and Windows.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Dec 15, 2014
- Version: 1.1.7
- Size: 4.6 MB
- Languages: English, Bokmål, Norwegian, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Nynorsk, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Danilo Torrisi
- © 2014 Danilo Torrisi
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.