Commander One is a free dual panel file manager that helps you manage your files in the best possible way. Fast and powerful, yet so easy to use, it offers essential features for absolute control over your files and folders - it can save you thousands of hours. Commander One was created in Swift and is fully compatible with OS X 10.12.
Cultofmac.com - “Commander One looks like a great app to have on your Mac if you’re frustrated with OS X’s built-in file management.”
Lifehacker.com - ”Once it’s installed, you get dual pane browsing, unlimited tabs, a variety of sorting options, an easy toggle for revealing hidden files, and more. It also adds a handful of new keyboard shortcuts to make moving files around a little less painful. If you’re not a fan of how Finder does things, Commander One’s a more than capable alternative.”
Dual panel interface:
- Classical dual panel appearance with the possibility to set your own color theme and fonts;
- Unlimited tabs for opening as many folders as needed;
- Three view modes for convenient work with different types of files: Full, Brief, and Thumbs.
Easy navigation and display:
- Show hidden files with one click;
- Queue file operations including those already in progress;
- Drag and drop files and folders;
- Rename files and folders when moving them.
Various search methods:
- Built-in search with regular expressions support;
- Search by file contents;
- Spotlight search.
There is so much more about Commander One that can simplify your work routine:
- Archive and extract files and open ZIP as regular folders;
- Work with .ipa, .apk, .jar, .ear, .war files as with regular folders;
- Preview all types of files, including Hex and Binary, before opening them;
- Set up hotkeys for most frequently used operations;
- Use brief mode to see and manage many files at once;
- Get quick and easy access to the folders that are open or you use the most through History and Favorites;
- Process viewer;
- Detect over the network and conveniently list computers that use NetBIOS protocol;
- Select the program to open the file using 'Open with' in main menu - File or via the context menu.
** Commander One also has PRO version now available via in-app purchase **
Extra benefits offered by Commander One PRO!
* FTP, SFTP, and FTPS Manager with the possibility to change file permissions via these protocols
* RAR support with extracting, full access and search
* TarGz with compressing, extracting, search, and full access
* 7zip with compressing, extracting, search, and full access
* Mount MTP devices
* Mount Dropbox account as a drive for convenient access
* Share Dropbox links easily
* Connect and work with Dropbox Business account
* Custom themes for unique appearance
* Сonnect and manage files in Amazon S3 storage
* Mount as many Google Drive accounts as needed and manage your files and folders without copying data on your Mac
* Map unlimited number of WebDAV connections and access your online files with Commander One
* Connect Microsoft OneDrive accounts and manage online files as if they are stored on your Mac
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at email@example.com. We are happy to help. Your feedback is welcome and will be taken into account for next releases.
Added: support for AZERTY and other non-QWERTY keyboard layouts.
Improved: functioning when the user's directory was moved.
Fixed: crashing upon invoking the disk list or the list of favourites when the terminal window is active.
Fixed: crashing upon invoking the preferences window.
Lots of fixes and improvements (thank you guys for your continued feedback!).
We are aware of the issue with “Restore Purchase” option failure and we are working with Apple on resolving it. If you have questions, please contact our customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and Reviews
Great Double Panel View
I have started using this app for it’s tab panel views. It is great for moving files from on location to another easily without wasting the time of playing with stacked or side by side finder windows.
Unfortunately, it would have been better if the devs kept the shortcuts the same as finder. Because I cannot quickly preview files or use the osx wide hotkey commands (such as command + delete) this has become a niche app for me instead of the finder replacement I was looking for.
Regarldess, good app for me, and great for anyone who doesn’t mind having to learn new software, versus the software learning from you (as we say in the Human Computer Interaction field).
Hello, thank you for the feedback. As for hotkeys, you can assign your own for certain actions. You should disable the functionality of Function keys so that you could map specific keyboard shortcuts to F-Keys.
A dual-pane file manager is a must
I first used a dual-pane file manager on the Amiga over 30 years ago and haven’t been able to abide anything less since. When I started a new job recently and got a Mac for the first time, this was the first upgrade I looked for. The free Commander One worked great, but then I was looking for a better terminal for the Mac, and found that the Commander One pro pack had that, so I gladly upgraded. Plus, there are even more tools included that I can explore. Commander One is great!
Disappointing at best
I thought this app would be an ideal solution to my Finder frustrations. Although they have a lot of good ideas, they are poorly executed. I work drives like Dropbox and Google Drive a lot. This app has very poor support for those drives.
1. The drag and drop functionality does not work well if at all. You try to select a file and drag it, but it highlights files instead. Then you have to select the “-“ (minus) key to unselect them.
2. Documentation is minimal.
3. Even after upgrading to Pro (a waste of money by the way), you can not double-click on a file to open it. That’s not a problem in Finder.
If you are looking for a solution for local files, this app may will work for you. If you want to work with Dropbox or other hosted drives, don’t waste your time and definitely don’t buy the Pro version.
Thank you for your detailed feedback.
1. Our developers already work on improvement of this functionality
2. Please contact us at email@example.com with details of the issue you refer to
3. This feature will be available in next updates of the app
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.