Commander One is a free dual panel file manager that helps you manage your files in the best possible way. Fast and powerful, yet so easy to use, it offers essential features for absolute control over your files and folders - it can save you thousands of hours. Commander One was created in Swift and is fully compatible with OS X 10.12.
Cultofmac.com - “Commander One looks like a great app to have on your Mac if you’re frustrated with OS X’s built-in file management.”
Lifehacker.com - ”Once it’s installed, you get dual pane browsing, unlimited tabs, a variety of sorting options, an easy toggle for revealing hidden files, and more. It also adds a handful of new keyboard shortcuts to make moving files around a little less painful. If you’re not a fan of how Finder does things, Commander One’s a more than capable alternative.”
Dual panel interface:
- Classical dual panel appearance with the possibility to set your own color theme and fonts;
- Unlimited tabs for opening as many folders as needed;
- Three view modes for convenient work with different types of files: Full, Brief, and Thumbs.
Easy navigation and display:
- Show hidden files with one click;
- Queue file operations including those already in progress;
- Drag and drop files and folders;
- Rename files and folders when moving them.
Various search methods:
- Built-in search with regular expressions support;
- Search by file contents;
- Spotlight search.
There is so much more about Commander One that can simplify your work routine:
- Archive and extract files and open ZIP as regular folders;
- Work with .ipa, .apk, .jar, .ear, .war files as with regular folders;
- Preview all types of files, including Hex and Binary, before opening them;
- Set up hotkeys for most frequently used operations;
- Use brief mode to see and manage many files at once;
- Get quick and easy access to the folders that are open or you use the most through History and Favorites;
- Process viewer;
- Detect over the network and conveniently list computers that use NetBIOS protocol;
- Select the program to open the file using 'Open with' in main menu - File or via the context menu.
** Commander One also has PRO version now available via in-app purchase **
Extra benefits offered by Commander One PRO!
* FTP, SFTP, and FTPS Manager with the possibility to change file permissions via these protocols
* RAR support with extracting, full access and search
* TarGz with compressing, extracting, search, and full access
* 7zip with compressing, extracting, search, and full access
* Mount MTP devices
* Mount Dropbox account as a drive for convenient access
* Share Dropbox links easily
* Connect and work with Dropbox Business account
* Custom themes for unique appearance
* Сonnect and manage files in Amazon S3 storage
* Mount as many Google Drive accounts as needed and manage your files and folders without copying data on your Mac
* Map unlimited number of WebDAV connections and access your online files with Commander One
* Connect Microsoft OneDrive accounts and manage online files as if they are stored on your Mac
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at email@example.com. We are happy to help. Your feedback is welcome and will be taken into account for next releases.
Fixed: an issue with accessing some folders.
Improved: overall stability.
Lots of other minor fixes and improvements (thank you guys for your continued feedback!).
Ratings and Reviews
Great Double Panel View
I have started using this app for it’s tab panel views. It is great for moving files from on location to another easily without wasting the time of playing with stacked or side by side finder windows.
Unfortunately, it would have been better if the devs kept the shortcuts the same as finder. Because I cannot quickly preview files or use the osx wide hotkey commands (such as command + delete) this has become a niche app for me instead of the finder replacement I was looking for.
Regarldess, good app for me, and great for anyone who doesn’t mind having to learn new software, versus the software learning from you (as we say in the Human Computer Interaction field).
Hello, thank you for the feedback. As for hotkeys, you can assign your own for certain actions. You should disable the functionality of Function keys so that you could map specific keyboard shortcuts to F-Keys.
Avoid this company
Avoid this company. I bought other software from this company, and found it doesn't work as advertised. Unfortunately they don't offer a trial version of this "pro" features. You MUST buy a license to even try them out. Some features are extremely buggy. The company claims to have a money back guarantee, but I found this to be a false claim. I sent them screen capture videos demonstrating the bugs and shortcomings of the software. Basically, it does not work as advertised . In spite of having this proof, they STILL REFUSED to refund my money. I recommend avoiding purchasing or even using this company's software. Late last year their software was found to be bundles with malware. Just do a google search.
All our users are welcome to use PRO Pack features of Commander One for 15 days for free. Also, as we value our customers, if for some reason they did not have enough time to test the product within a trial period, they always may request to extend the trial period of Commander One PRO for 15 more days. I would like to inform you that we always stick to our Refund Policy. The customer is always getting the refund if the case appeared to be eligible for refund. As for malware, yes, this happened to our software, but it was fixed within a day. Now ESET has confirmed that there is no malware on our page where the applications are distributed.
A dual-pane file manager is a must
I first used a dual-pane file manager on the Amiga over 30 years ago and haven’t been able to abide anything less since. When I started a new job recently and got a Mac for the first time, this was the first upgrade I looked for. The free Commander One worked great, but then I was looking for a better terminal for the Mac, and found that the Commander One pro pack had that, so I gladly upgraded. Plus, there are even more tools included that I can explore. Commander One is great!
- ELTIMA LLC
- 17.4 MB
- OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
- English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Eltima Software
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.