Commander One PRO - FTPclient, RAR, 7zip extractor
By Eltima LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Commander One PRO is a revolutionary file manager for Mac with dual-panel interface. Completely developed in Swift, this file management software provides multiple advanced tools for efficient work with your files, folders, documents, archives, remote servers and computer processes.
Cultofmac.com - “This app is everything OS X Finder wants to be”
Appleworld.today -”I'd describe it more as a handy Finder "enhancer" that's great for Mac OS X "power users"; “If you consider yourself a "power user" and want the ability to tweak and fiddle with the functions on your Mac, you'll find it very handy — especially the pro version.”
Besides the basic OS X file manager features, Commander One PRO also has a number of handy optimizations to your workflow:
- Create, delete, open, move, and rename files and folders;
- Use regular expressions in file search;
- Various view modes;
- Unlimited tabs;
- File operations can be queued even if they were in progress;
- Customizable hotkeys;
- History, Favorites;
- Select the program to open the file;
- All computers over network are detected and displayed in the list.
Commander One PRO is also a WebDAV and FTP client. It allows working with many types of archives and search through them. You can mount various Cloud services like Dropbox, Google Drive and OneDrive in Commander One for quick and easy access to your online files.
- Access remote servers via FTP, SFTP or FTPS;
- Two panels are for sure more efficient than one;
- Keep an eye on file operations with convenient queueing;
- Change files permissions.
- Connect to WebDAV servers. You can connect to as many servers as you need at the same time in Commander One.
- Work directly with your files stored on the server, as if they are stored in a local folder on your Mac.
- Transfer files from one WebDAV server to another, without downloading them to your Mac.
Amazon S3 Browser:
- Access and work with files of Amazon S3 account;
- Link your Amazon S3 account fully or only specific buckets.
Work with Clouds
- Commander One is the single-stop Dropbox client for any number of accounts;
- Mount your online Dropbox without installing it on your Mac and copying your data there;
- Share Dropbox links right from Commander One;
- Connect Dropbox Business account to get fast and easy access to your work files;
- Mount your Google Drive account, work with your online files and share Google Drive folders;
- Manage your Google Drive files and folders in Commander One without saving them on Mac;
- Mount Microsoft OneDrive on Mac and access your online files from Commander One as any local ones.
Mount MTP devices:
You can easily mount your MTP devices and access their contents - just connect your device to Mac and it will be available as a mounted drive in Commander One. You can also use it for OS X Android file transfer.
Compress and Extract:
- Extract and compress 7zip packages, or work with 7zip Mac archives as regular folders: view, add, or remove files without extracting;
- Extract files from RAR packages, search archive contents, copy files from RAR without even extracting;
- Gain full access to TAR packages (TBZ, TGZ, Tar.Z, tar.lzma and tar.xz) including compress, extract, open as a folder and search archive contents;
- Work with .ipa, .apk, .jar, .ear, .war files as with regular folders.
Make it unique:
- Commander One offers pre-designed color themes and allows you to create your very own theme for maximum convenience and unique feeling;
- Customize fonts up to your visual convenience.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to help. Your feedback is welcome and will be taken into account for next releases.
What's New in Version 1.7.2
Improved: file/directory list display speed on all types of disks.
Fixed: lagging when connecting to some SFTP servers.
A lot of other minor fixes and improvements (thank you guys for your continued feedback!).
Nice SFTP Client
I went looking for a SFTP GUI client after I tried to install Filezilla and my anti-virus blocked it because of ad-ware - they say its a false positive but who wants to take any chances so app store here I come!
I tried several of the try before you buy apps and most were good. I even followed some of the links in the app store to the developers home pages and checked out their offerings. Eventually I narrorwed it down to this one and another app with a very similar GUI. After trying the other one out and feeling dissatisfied I decieded to buy Commander One Pro and test the full version out.
Pros: Drag and drop is effortless and smooth. Connecting to SFTP sites is easy and you can use SSH keys to make it even easier. Being able to connect to dropbox, etc is a nice feature although I’m not a cloud user. And the theme support is nice too but again I don’t see me using it much (the basic theme seems nice enough).
Cons: Everytime I open the app it asks for permission to access a directory. It would be nice if it had the option to save this so I didn’t have to tell it every time.
All in all I’m very happy with the purchase! It does what it claims to do and at a reasonable price!
Buyer beware - iPhone support not included here
Yes, don’t confuse this with the off-app store version of Commander One Pro (pack) where pack is in small letters. Its the same cost, but if you get the app store version you will not have drive access to your iPhone. Giving it a 3 star because otherwise its okay, although the iPhone is the only reason I picked it up so its basically not getting used. Going to try to get a refund.
Necessary file support
I found this after years of use with Windows Commander use on the MS software. I would be lost without it when trying to navigate the file system.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Mar 24, 2017
- Version: 1.7.2
- Size: 17.6 MB
- Languages: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Ukrainian
- Seller: ELTIMA LLC
- © Eltima Software
Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor