Commander the Great War
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
This is the war that ended peace, in a continent where great leaders had to lead their countries to victory at all cost. And you are that leader.
Commander The Great War is a turn-based strategy game that captures this time of war with unprecedented realism and accuracy. A huge-hex based campaign map that stretches from the USA in the west, Africa and Arabia to the south, Scandinavia to the north and the Urals to the east, is the setting for 5 grand campaigns, each starting in a different year of the war.
You are confronted with all possible strategic and tactical decisions, from logistics to diplomacy, from deployment to combat. Every aspect of the war is in your hands in a gaming experience with no precedent on the iPad. Commander the Great War is a game for strategy fans, for history buffs and for anyone who’s looking for a deep, immersive gaming experience.
The game includes:
*5 Grand Campaigns: 1914 The Great War, 1915 Ypres – Artois, 1916 The Battle of Verdun, 1917 The Nivelle Offensive and 1918 The Kaiserschlacht.
*Over 40 unique historical and “what-if” events triggered by conditions on the campaign-map.
*18 different unit types including Infantry, Cavalry, Armoured Cars and Tanks, Artillery, Railroad Guns and Armoured Trains, Cruisers, Submarines and Battleships, Fighters, Bombers and Airships. Each has its own strengths and weaknesses, based on their historical performance in the various theatres throughout the war.
*Historical Commanders, each with their own specific strengths, so decide wisely which Commander is most suited to which front. Three types of Commanders are available: Generals for ground units, Admirals at sea and flying Aces to strengthen your air units.
*Research and technology to improve units. Aircraft evolve from fragile tools of aerial observation to deadly ground and air attack planes. Artillery barrages become ever more accurate and powerful. Armour technology unleashes a dreadful new weapon on the battlefield: the Tank.
*Detailed and realistic combat that models supply, morale, terrain, leadership, equipment, training and fog of war.
*Cross platform multiplayer via PBEM++ server system.
What's New in Version 1.6.213
- UNDO for move and swap
- Go to next unit button
- HD unit icons on Retina displays
Gameplay changes / balancing:
- Free Upkeep allowance is now zero,which means you now pay for each and
every unit on the map.
- Country PPs increased to offset the effects of the Free Upkeep allowance change.
- All Nations Man Power has been reduced, to a scale appropriate to
historic national forces levels per Country.
- Disband PP & MP returns have been altered,so that you now receive the
- If a Capital city is captured a substantial national morale penalty
will be applied. (NOW A WAR CHANGING EVENT)
- Production & Research now shows time up to 50 turns.Allowing the a
player to keep track more easily off what new Tech will be available
in the future.
- Research Lab Upkeep cost reduced.
- Britain's starting land forces reduced to historical level.
- Britain now has a larger navy,twice the size of Germany for example. (RULE BRITANNIA )
- German navy now has research advantage,meaning her ships are
stronger,than any other fleet including Britain.
- The loss of a battlefleet in combat morale penalty has been
increased. (FOR BRITAIN NOW A WAR CHANGING EVENT)
- Battleships have now been renamed DREADNOUGHTS!
- Dreadnought production cost reduced from 120 to 80 PPs.
- Pre-Dreadnought & Armoured Cruisers added to unit types,these can't be
upgraded or purchased.
- Cruisers have been renamed LIGHT Cruisers!
- NAVAL AI has been enhanced,making it more of a challenge.
- All air units have been toned down,as to there effectiveness,this is
World War One after all.
- Garrison,Infantry,Cavalry & Artillery now all benefit from Anti-Air
- Garrison & Infantry benefit from Entrenchment upgrade.
- Additional historical event messages,and City Captured event
messages,are now in game.
- Various Commander entry dates fixed
- Austrian & German Level 3 Fighter in game images corrected.
- Increased starting research levels for Russia & Serbia (Slightly reducing German research advantage in game turns)
- Increased PP For Russia + added new Infantry unit near Moscow 1914 scenario.
- Increased PP For Serbia + added 2 new Garrison units near Skopje 1914 scenario.
- Increased Ammunition production for Serbia from 2 - 3 per turn.
- Slight increased to entrenchment levels.
- Fixed Research Tech Tree display Scroll for all Countries.
- Tweaked City Production Points distrubtion for for all Nations.
- Campaign Scenario 1918 game time increased to 60 Turns (Extending the war well into 1919 and beyond !)
- Plus many other minor tweaks to game balance across all scenarios.
- Fixed a crash that could happen during AI turn whend disembarking unit
- Fixed a crash that could happen during AI turn when seasons changed
- Fixed a crash that could with certain sound cards
- Various other stability and fixes.
Needs an 'undo' button... Fixed, thank you
Ridiculous not to have the ability to undo an errant move on a touchscreen game. Especially for a game of this size. Ruins the game for me. Give me an 'undo' option and this would be a 5 star review.
Revised rating from 1 to 3 stars. The game is fun but still could use an undo function. Other than that I wish air units could stack with ground units. Seems silly to have a hex with only an air unit in it unable to house a ground unit too.
Revised rating from 3 to 4. Undo button finally added. Now if we could only stack air units on top of ground I'd give it 5.
Four out of five
I love the new update and really appreciate the new update. I really like the new historical things. But, it'd be really cool if you include the Basra landing in 1914. May you also make games like this, such as in the civil war and WW2. You kind of have the map for WW2 for European part of the war. You only have to change borders, technologies, and diplomacy.
Could use some changes
The game is good in many sense however it is annoying that you have to play as every power on your side. It would be nice if the makers made it so you can choose one country to play as. Also some added on diplomacy choices so as the two sides can try to get other countries to join their side of the war, and make peace.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Mar 13, 2015
- Version: 1.6.213
- Size: 274 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Slitherine Software UK Ltd.
- © 2014 Slitherine Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.