Common Core Math for Teachers by Front Row
By Front Row Education, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Front Row: differentiated instruction made easy.
Front Row is the only math program made for the iPad by teachers, for teachers. Front Row provides over 15 thousand common core aligned questions that are graded automatically and given to students based on their level. This means no writing worksheets, no grading, and differentiated teaching made easy.
Front Row has:
- Over 30,000 common core questions, covering all of K-8 math
- Over 1,600 common core aligned videos to help students build core skills
- A diagnostic pre-test to establish a baseline for students
- An adaptive engine that helps students with exactly what they’re struggling
- Collaborative features that motivate students to help each other
- Motivating features to make sure kids stay engaged with their math
- Real world questions that allow students to practice their math knowledge in exciting real world settings
- A powerful dashboard so teachers know exactly where each student is stuck
- Network News
- Quartz Magazine
==WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING==
The Front Row app, I would recommend, because it is one which is user friendly, and it taps into the different modalities of learning, and it also aids a teacher in differentiation ... It is so structured, to point them to assistance, independent of the teacher. And that is what we want to promote: student to student interaction using peer body talk, turn and talk, sharing, and all those things.
~ Dwight Barnes, 4th grade math teacher
The dashboard is amazing. Insights are exactly the quick pieces of information a teacher would want at first glance. The grouping tab is really clean looking and is exactly what teachers and administrators want to see on a daily basis. Teachers could literally print that out and use it in their lesson plans when talking about flexible grouping. It does a great job of presenting the information in a simple way.
~ Josh Shaw, Tech director
The teacher dashboard is in a very clear format. I like that I can see in 1 place how each student in the class is progressing. The green/yellow/red color code is a great visual as well as the specific number within the box. It's helpful that I can hover over each concept and see the explanation of that standard.
Overall great product!
~ Jennifer Auten, 2nd grade teacher
Front Row - I love the videos! Instead of showing them just a paragraph write up ... it's just like a teacher sitting there with them and going over it.
I think Front Row is a great app for classes and for schools that have a time-sensitive schedule and it gives them instant feedback and data that can be used in class the next day.
~ Jabari Bush, 5th grade math teacher
One of my students got a double digit + double digit problem and he had never done that before. He asked me and I quickly showed him. Next thing I knew he was asking me how to regroup and was doing 2 digit + 2 digit with regrouping, which was extremely impressive to me at this point.
I did take a look at the dashboard. It is fantastic. I showed one of my administrators who is also our Math IST and she is beyond impressed. I've been telling a lot of people about it and will continue to do so!
Thanks again for making what is now the most vital part of my math class.
~ Jane Alukonis, 1st grade math teacher
Front Row is a good solution for our students and our teachers, especially working in an RTI model, teaching CCSS and addressing learning needs within a differentiated instructional model.
~ Emily Klug, 5th grade math
==QUESTIONS? TALK TO US==
What's New in Version 1.1.39
- Vocabulary scaffolding - definitions for students on vocabulary terms they have trouble with
- Benchmark assessments can now be given through the iPad
- Additional videos for when students have trouble
- Hints for students when they have trouble
Love this as a teacher and my students love it even more!
I love this app!
It has totally transformed my math class. Front Row is amazing. Thank you!
So fun but chap gin gets my brain thinking and my brain going