Summer offer! Free for a limited time.
Learn how to communicate with children who have speech difficulties!
Communication Adventures is specially developed for training communication partners (parents, teachers, caregivers and even speech therapists) of children who are non-verbal or who have difficulty speaking.
The app has been designed with the vision of empowering the communication partners, with the skills required for effective communication with the child, under various settings.
Learning communication strategies can’t get simpler and more fun! The app is a treasure house of resources for communication strategies, through Aided Language Input, presented in the form of tips, motivations and practical conversation ideas for communication and language development.
PRAISE FOR Comm Adventures
“You have a fabulous list of tips. They are stated so simply and yet are reminders that we (non-professionals) need all the time!”
- Lynn Neidigh, parent of Jack, Springfield, Missouri
"It is a fantastic approach to parent training. The overall messages are great; I like how you encourage language expansion in simple, discrete ways; encourage parents to provide choices and use yes/no questions; and discourage imposition of adult choices in interaction, thus providing greater access to child "voice."
- Lucas Steuber, MS-SLP, Founder-CEO of Language Craft, Portland, Oregon
The ideas presented in the app can be applied, regardless of the type of the alternative communication system being used with the child. Communication Adventure comes to you from Avaz Inc, the makers of Avaz, the AAC(Augmentative and Alternative Communication) app that has received a number of international awards, including being on MIT’s list of Top 35 Innovations in 2011.
You will be learning the communication strategies through a simulated character - Johnny. Johnny, the hero of the app, is a cute 7-year old boy, who loves apple pies and Barney! He has complex communication needs and has recently been introduced to alternative communication. You are presented with several activities of Johnny’s daily life e.g. mealtime, TV time, shared reading etc. For each activity, you are presented with typical conversation scenarios and are asked simple questions; you are required to choose the most appropriate response from the given options; and for response, there is an associated tip / learning. You are required to complete the activity game within a time limit of 3 minutes AND with 3 or less incorrect responses, to be able to unlock the next activity. Once you complete a game/activity successfully, you collect tips for it, which includes conversation ideas and strategies to help your child communicate.
Play the games and have fun while you learn!
The tips and strategies suggested here may not apply to all children; they need to be adapted and tailored, based on each child's individual responses and differences. Speak to your child’s therapist for advice.
WHY CHOOSE JOHNNY’S COMM ADVENTURE?
• Learn communication strategies through fun, interactive games
• Play games presented in small manageable chunks
• Play at your convenience and leisure
• Apply the learning at diverse settings – home, school, outdoor
• Apply the learning regardless of the communication system that the child uses
• Interactive games for learning communication strategies
• Games based on 8 daily activities
• Practical and easy-to-implement tips for facilitating communication and language development
• Ideas for conversation during typical daily activities
• Simple ideas for motivating your child to communicate
• Filter by Activity and Category to view Tips, Motivations, Conversation ideas
For questions or comments about the reach out to us at: email@example.com
Visit our website for other details: http://www.avazapp.com/
1. All activities are unlocked from the beginning. You can choose any activity you want now.
2. Fixed a lot of user interface issues.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.