With InPen™ - Live life, less complicated
The InPen system combines a Bluetooth®-enabled insulin pen and an easy-to-use app to provide constant tracking, monitoring, and calculating of insulin for successful diabetes management. InPen empowers users to manage their diabetes simply and accurately.
InPen features and benefits:
- Automatically tracks and sends insulin doses to a mobile device.
- Recommends doses based on current blood glucose, carb intake, and insulin-on-board (IOB) using personalized settings prescribed.
- Helps to reduce the risk of stacking insulin doses by including IOB in dose calculations.
- Automatically displays blood glucose readings from CGM devices or Bluetooth-enabled glucose meters.
- Displays reminders to take and log both basal and bolus insulin doses.
- Displays daily average glucose, carb intake, and total insulin dose.
- Generates integrated diabetes management reports that can be easily shared with the healthcare team.
- Warning notifications if the age or temperature of the insulin could be a problem.
- Customize insulin settings in the app based on physician-prescribed parameters including insulin-to-carb ratios, correction factors, and IOB to help users be more precise in their insulin doses.
- Settings allow users to adjust ratios based on time of day allowing for a more precise regimen throughout the day.
- Missed dose reminders for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and bedtime.
- Blood sugar check reminder.
- Basal insulin reminder.
- Insulin temperature and expiration alerts.
A connected blood glucose meter or continuous glucose monitor (CGM) that supports Apple Health can log your blood glucose into the InPen app to simplify reporting.
InPen is a prescription device. To obtain InPen, simply download the app and complete the Get InPen information in the settings section of the app. Now live life, less complicated.
To learn more, visit www.companionmedical.com.
Ratings and Reviews
Overall great but could use a few tweaks
I love the product and the app is nice but it could use a little help. First the pen should be able to connect with more than one device and the app should be updated on both devices. My sons contour next connects to only one device but the cloud shares the data with multiple devices. This means parents can see the data when their child is away from them. Also blood sugars should be able to be recorded retroactively if using it as a log. The device could be dead so you can’t add the blood sugar reading until later when it is charged. The insulin dose is saved but there is no way to log a past blood sugar reading which throws off the reports. Overall I think the app and product are great but a few tweaks would make them fabulous. Of course it would be great if blue cross blue shield covered the pen too. Need to work on that!
Huge help in logging doses
We’ve been using the product and app for about 6 months now. When we switched from a simple injector, I didn’t see the need. But it became clear the value pretty quickly.
Seeing the history of when an injection happens is huge when you have two parents and a school nurse that give injections. Watching the estimate of insulin on board is very helpful. Relying on the app to do our calculations which take into account insulin on board is important.
Insulin pumps aren’t for everyone. Having the option of a smart injector is huge. Regular syringes have a larger gauge. Our daughter thinks nothing of getting injections with the InPen.
And no site changes!
Features I’d like are integrations with CGMs, but the biggest would be a follower app. That way parents can see say when the nurse gives insulin to cover highs and exactly when they do.
Great assistance with management of IOB and logging in amounts of insulin taken. Being able to inject a half unit is a huge benefit. My endocrinologist loves the data it provides. I love not having to write down all the info daily. It has definitely helped me to NOT STACK insulin doses which can definitely be problematic since I take multiple daily injections, as needed. It was very easy to begin using it. The Ap is easy to read and use. Lastly, the reminders for taking my twice daily basal insulin keeps me from missing doses (probably multiple times a week!!) it just takes the burden of having to remember that OFF MY BACK.
Developer Response ,
We are thrilled with how happy you are with InPen and glad that we can help take the burden off you a little!
- Companion Medical Inc.
- 108.3 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © Companion Medical Inc. 2019
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.