Compare & Sync Folders
By VADIM ZYBIN
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Compatibility with OS X 10.11-10.7 & Retina! The Compare & Sync Folders has been developed with a dual purpose in mind: To be easy to use for beginners, but also provide the ability to fine-tune synchronization settings for the most exacting professionals.
The app can synchronize multiple pairs of folders at the same time. Using a powerful preview mode you can view the changes before sync and change the operation with files, if required. The app also provides ROBUST tools to filter your files and folder so that you sync EXACTLY what you want.
Do you have terabytes (TB) of data to sync? No problem!
Compare & Sync Folders has been specifically optimized to work with LARGE NUMBERS OF FILES, reliably and efficiently.
Compare & Sync Folders is perfect for backups to all media destinations:
USB, memory cards, disks on remote computers within your network, folders on Cloud services (Dropbox, etc.).
Compare & Sync Folders is the REAL and the ONLY bidirectional synchronization app that you will ever need!
Install the VPN Server Configurator app, and you can synchronize folders on a remote Mac from ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD!
Install the Sync Folders Pro app, and you can synchronize folders "on the fly" using our REAL TIME SYNC technology or by SCHEDULE!
• Select two folders to synchronize.
• Click "Sync" button.
FOR THE MOST EXACTING PROFESSIONALS:
• Sync multiple pairs of folders in same time.
• Synchronize of Macs across a network. Login information for network folders is retained so they can be automatically mounted the next synchronization.
• Synchronize external drives (USB, memory cards, etc.) with your Mac, and vice versa.
• Synchronize between local folders Mac and folders on Cloud services (Dropbox, etc.)
• 9 sync modes. Real bidirectional synchronization software. Tracking deletions, additions, changes in synchronized folders.
• 6 comparison modes (Timestamp, checksum, …).
• 9 modes of file operations. Powerful Preview mode. Change the operation with files before sync, if required.
• 5 search modes for items of the Preview table (by name, path, name & path, …).
• 11 filter modes for items of the Preview table (Missing&Diffs, Missing, Diffs, Equal, …).
• Compare files using QuickLook or "Line by Line" comparison before sync.
• Shows selected files in the Finder.app
• Opens selected files in the default app.
• Execution of file operations for the selected items of the Preview table.
• Copy the selected items (Missing, Diffs, …) of the Preview table into the third folder.
• Powerful filters for the inclusion or exclusion of files and folders.
• Resolving the file versions conflict.
• Protection against drives shutting down or being dropped during synchronization. Synchronization completed correctly, if during synchronization are turned off synced folders.
• Minor differences in folder modification time stamps may be ignored or honored. See "Allowable deviation of File Modification Date [sec.]".
• Saving the deleted files in a specific location ("_DelSyncFiles" - Folder for deleted files). Using this mode you are protected against accidental deletion of files, and can always return all files even after re-synchronizing several times. The structure of folders and subfolders is retained in the "_DelSyncFiles" folder.
• Each pairs of folders shows when synchronization was done the last time.
• The synchronization process is logged.
• Save / Load the program settings to a file.
What's New in Version 1.3.4
- Improved compatibility with macOS 10.12.
- Added French localization.
- The ability to resize the task table (user request).
- You can change the file operation for a few selected items of the Preview table before sync.
- Improved compatibility with OS X El Capitan.
I used the SyncFolders for a couple of years. That app works very well, but one cannot preview the changes before syncing. For the last year I have been using the Compare & Sync Folders app which is great. As implied in the title, one can first check the list of changes that will be done and then proceed with the sync.
I understand the confusion about the existence of the 2 similar-yet-different apps. SyncFolders does not list changes before syncing, but can be automated. CompareandSync list changes a priori, but, as far as I know, cannot be automated. Both are expremely flexible, which I think it has to do with some users being frustrated by a few somewhat unusual options and lack of clarity. Most are there to customize your operations to very fine details. I haven’t tweaked anything, and can do straightforward syncs fast and without any problems.
I do not understand the complaints about the lack of response; the developer has always responded to my inquiries very fast.
I use it to do full backups and to sync work folders between different computers, and it has been very helpful. I would (and usually do) recommend this app to anyone who wants to do these operations with the possibility of checking changes before proceeding.
Solved my problem, works good
I needed an app that would sync some folders on my mac with an external drive. Have found that A+>B mode of this app is exactly what I was searching for. Decided to go for all features in-app purchase, maybe some day I will use other features of this program.
Wish the devs would provide a bit better documentation for all the options (filters for example), because the app does look a bit confusing.
However, if you only need to sync several folders here and there — it’s pretty easy and straightforward.
Great customer support!
I couldn’t figure out how to use the filters, but customer support patiently walked me through the setup (twice!), and now I’m a happy camper. I’m impressed by the speed of the syncronization, and the way there are several safeguards built in, so that even if you delete something by mistake there’s a way to recover it (provided you use the _DelSyncFiles option)
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 31, 2017
- Version: 1.3.4
- Size: 1.5 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Russian
- Seller: VADIM ZYBIN
- © GreenWorldSoft
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor
Top In-App Purchases
- All App Features$7.99
- All Sync Modes$4.99
- Sync Mode: A=>B$3.99
- Sync Mode: A+>B$3.99
- Sync Modes: A<=>B, A->B, A<-B$3.99
- Operation: A>B$2.99
- Any number of the sync tasks$3.99
- All Operations$4.99
- All Settings$2.99
- Save and Load App Settings$1.99