Compare & Sync Folders
By VADIM ZYBIN
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Compatibility with OS X 10.11-10.7 & Retina! The Compare & Sync Folders has been developed with a dual purpose in mind: To be easy to use for beginners, but also provide the ability to fine-tune synchronization settings for the most exacting professionals.
The app can synchronize multiple pairs of folders at the same time. Using a powerful preview mode you can view the changes before sync and change the operation with files, if required. The app also provides ROBUST tools to filter your files and folder so that you sync EXACTLY what you want.
Do you have terabytes (TB) of data to sync? No problem!
Compare & Sync Folders has been specifically optimized to work with LARGE NUMBERS OF FILES, reliably and efficiently.
Compare & Sync Folders is perfect for backups to all media destinations:
USB, memory cards, disks on remote computers within your network, folders on Cloud services (Dropbox, etc.).
Compare & Sync Folders is the REAL and the ONLY bidirectional synchronization app that you will ever need!
Install the VPN Server Configurator app, and you can synchronize folders on a remote Mac from ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD!
Install the Sync Folders Pro app, and you can synchronize folders "on the fly" using our REAL TIME SYNC technology or by SCHEDULE!
• Select two folders to synchronize.
• Click "Sync" button.
FOR THE MOST EXACTING PROFESSIONALS:
• Sync multiple pairs of folders in same time.
• Synchronize of Macs across a network. Login information for network folders is retained so they can be automatically mounted the next synchronization.
• Synchronize external drives (USB, memory cards, etc.) with your Mac, and vice versa.
• Synchronize between local folders Mac and folders on Cloud services (Dropbox, etc.)
• 9 sync modes. Real bidirectional synchronization software. Tracking deletions, additions, changes in synchronized folders.
• 6 comparison modes (Timestamp, checksum, …).
• 9 modes of file operations. Powerful Preview mode. Change the operation with files before sync, if required.
• 5 search modes for items of the Preview table (by name, path, name & path, …).
• 11 filter modes for items of the Preview table (Missing&Diffs, Missing, Diffs, Equal, …).
• Compare files using QuickLook or "Line by Line" comparison before sync.
• Shows selected files in the Finder.app
• Opens selected files in the default app.
• Execution of file operations for the selected items of the Preview table.
• Copy the selected items (Missing, Diffs, …) of the Preview table into the third folder.
• Powerful filters for the inclusion or exclusion of files and folders.
• Resolving the file versions conflict.
• Protection against drives shutting down or being dropped during synchronization. Synchronization completed correctly, if during synchronization are turned off synced folders.
• Minor differences in folder modification time stamps may be ignored or honored. See "Allowable deviation of File Modification Date [sec.]".
• Saving the deleted files in a specific location ("_DelSyncFiles" - Folder for deleted files). Using this mode you are protected against accidental deletion of files, and can always return all files even after re-synchronizing several times. The structure of folders and subfolders is retained in the "_DelSyncFiles" folder.
• Each pairs of folders shows when synchronization was done the last time.
• The synchronization process is logged.
• Save / Load the program settings to a file.
What's New in Version 1.3.3
- Re-signed app.
- Added French localization.
- The ability to resize the task table (user request).
- You can change the file operation for a few selected items of the Preview table before sync.
- Improved compatibility with OS X El Capitan.
I love using Compare & Sync with my Apple Clients.
One of the digital agencies I service, uses a Font Folder on the Server, with all the “approved” fonts to be used by the various artists and designers.
Instead of having each designer log in and find the approved ones, I use C&SF to create a local folder version of the Server Folder.
When the server get’s updated with a new font, it automatically compares the local folder against the server, and boom. Synced. No hassel.
They use a similar setup for “Current Approved Versions” of documentation. The moment a new version replaces an older one, all the users get the update in their local folders.
Decent, filtering is buggy
I got this version because I wanted to have the preview feature compare to the sync pro version.
The filters are not working properly and the syntax is quite bad (even for someone with a programming background). I used the exact filter from the website for filtering of the files and it still didn't work. It needs much better support for system files. DS_Store, Thumbs.db, etcAlso I was not able to get filtering to work for apps and packages properly.
The in-app purchases werebuggy and had to reset a couple of time to work.
I'm looking for better options but so far this is actually the best one I have found which theoretically has the feature I am looking for.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Feb 14, 2016
- Version: 1.3.3
- Size: 1.5 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Russian
- Seller: VADIM ZYBIN
- © GreenWorldSoft
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor
Top In-App Purchases
- All App Features$7.99
- All Sync Modes$4.99
- Sync Mode: A=>B$3.99
- Sync Modes: A<=>B, A->B, A<-B$3.99
- Sync Mode: A+>B$3.99
- Any number of the sync tasks$3.99
- All Operations$4.99
- All Settings$2.99
- Operation: A>B$2.99
- Save and Load App Settings$1.99