By Tien Thinh Vu
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
CompareMerge is a software tool for file comparison and merging text-like files.
It is useful for determining what has changed between versions, and then merging changes between versions.
Please go to this website to download MergeCaller tool to integrate CompareMerge app to another application (like git...)
To compare 2 files / 2 folders from terminal or from other applications please use following command:
mergecaller /folder/file1.txt /folder/file1.txt
mergecaller /folder/subfolder1 /folder/subfolder2
mergecaller "/folder with space/file1.txt" "/folder with space/file1.txt"
mergecaller "/folder with space/subfolder1" "/folder with space/subfolder2"
(incase path has space in them)
Functions of the application:
- COMPARE FOLDERS/FILES: can compare both 2 files or 2 folders
- BLANK COMPARE: Allow to create blank edit window to compare text then save later
- INLINE EDIT (Edit/Merge at the same time) : Compare and Merge 2 text files: allow you to edit/compare/merge 2 text files in the same windows
- LINE NUMBER: When edit file, showing line number will make it easier to know exactly changes positions.
- FILE FILTERS: Include or exclude files that match regular expressions. Other than that, after compare 2 folders, you could filter display item base on file name.
- INCLUDE SUBFOLDERS: This option lets you control the depth of a folder comparison. Enabling it compares all folder levels
- COPY TO: after compare 2 folder, you can select left or right files to copy to different location (example: when release change source)
- DELETE Left/Right/Both: after compare 2 folder, you can select left or right files to delete
- IGNORE CASE, SPACE: Allow to ignore Case, Space in Edit/Merge window
- IGNORE End-Line code: Allow to ignore difference in End Line Code (LF for Mac・Unix file, CR-LF for Windows file, or CR for Mac classic file) in Edit mode.
Note: when compare folders, EOL was not ignored.
- EXPORT / CREATE REPORT: Allow to export compare/merge result to clipboard or to files (support formats: CSV, Text, HTML)
- Syntax highlight
- Export to zip file
- In edit mode, a small view is show to the exact text difference
What's New in Version 1.7
- Fix bugs
- Allow to compare images
CompareMerge nearly perfect folder sync, responsive support
Nearly as good as WinMerge (the gold standard) for folder syncing, there are sortable columns for all of the important information of the folder comparison. Copy Left/Right bug was fixed quickly and a suggestion to display times with dates was also implemented quickly. This is the best folder syncing product for OSX that I have found.
I’ve got too many places to put files. Too many computers. This app allows me to connect to my other macs and compare files and folders on different computers. Very useful.
Working on a large XCode project that all of a sudden did not work. Had to have been something significant that changed but did not know exactly what. Had been using WinDiff for years on Windows platform so needed an equivalent tool for Mac. Purchased CompareMerge and compared original code directory to working version and looking thru changed files I found one line that had accidently been deleted. Copied from original file to working file within compare merge then recompiled in Xcode. Worked perfect. This was a HUGE timesaver. Very well designed too.
- Category: Developer Tools
- Updated: Apr 29, 2014
- Version: 1.7
- Size: 1.3 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese
- Seller: Tien Thinh Vu
- © Vu Tien Thinh 2011
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later