By 3D4Medical.com, LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Already a Complete Anatomy customer on iPad? Download the Mac version, login via Profile, & get an additional 50% off the Upgrade!
Prepare to experience the world's most advanced anatomy learning platform. With groundbreaking innovations such as patented state-of-the-art tools, 3D recordings with audio and moving muscles, you can free yourself from other static atlases and elevate your learning in an entirely new way! Medical students, medical professionals and lifelong learners will love interacting with over 6,200 high-resolution anatomical structures in breathtaking 3D.
An Apple Design Award Winner 2016, COMPLETE ANATOMY seamlessly blends intuitive design with anatomical accuracy. An exclusive selection of world-renowned anatomy experts have come together to form the newly established Academic Review Board, guiding the model to even greater levels of detail.
Transform traditionally 2D learning material into 3D & bring anatomy to life with features such as tracing nerve paths and tools that help to visualize complex functions, such as nerve supply to muscles, individual layer guides to identify bone parts/surfaces and muscle origin/insertion points.
Want to instantly create your own content? Manipulating the model is easy and intuitive, add Labels or Tools as you please, then Save. Our in-app cloud sharing platform provides an easy way to share this content with other users or to your own private or university group.
DOWNLOAD FOR FREE to experience the rich graphics of our optimized 3D skeleton and connective tissue layers.
REGISTER to unlock cloud-based additional features, including tailored content, and receive free updates directly to your device.
UPGRADE (single in-app purchase) to realize the full potential of COMPLETE ANATOMY including:
- 3D Male Model (Female scheduled late 2017).
- 12 Complete Systems (Skeletal, Muscular, Connective Tissue, Arterial, Venous, Lymphatic, Nervous, Respiratory, Digestive, Endocrine, Urogenital, Integumentary, and includes Heart and Brain).
- Skeletal Full Body Layers: Featuring bone parts, bone surfaces and muscle origin/insertion points.
- Isolate Region: Easily view selected Body Regions.
- Lectures: Learn from top anatomical experts using expertly assembled Lectures, with topics for beginners through to specialists.
- Groups (Cloud Sharing): Create your own groups and invite users to join, or access content created by our medical experts. Share with your groups, publicly or within specialized categories.
- Animate Muscles: Visualize muscle movements for each articulation directly on the 3D model - view from any angle/zoom in.
- Muscle Innervation: Visualize the nerve supply to any muscle, and follow its path back to the nerve origin.
- Cut & Draw Tools: Instantly alter the model with innovative tools: Cut, Spurs, 3D & 2D Pens, Growths, Fractures, Discover and Pain.
- Recordings: Record your interactions with the model, along with audio, to recap on later or share with friends.
- Screens: Browse through our tailored content or feature content you’ve created. Share publicly or with groups.
- Annotation: Do a sketch, or handwrite a note, type some text, attach an image or take a photo, then overlay on the model.
- Quizzes: Challenge yourself with our preset questions and quizzes, create your own to revise or challenge your friends!
- Multi-select: Select multiple structures with our capture tool/view in isolation.
- Explode/Assemble: Capture multiple structures and explode to better understand complex relationships.
- Tailored Content: Browse hundreds of screens, recordings and quizzes created by leading universities, professors and experts from different therapeutic areas.
COMPLETE ANATOMY is continually improving - please report any concerns at CA@3D4Medical.com
What's New in Version 2.2.0
- Arterial Supply to Muscles: See the arteries that supply any muscle with the touch of a button, and trace these arteries back to the heart.
- Edit Audio in Recordings: Hiccup during your Recording? No problem, re-record sections of your Recording’s audio.
- Fast-forward Recordings: Jump straight to the section of the Recording that you need.
- Ratings: Get useful information about how others in the community have rated Screens, Quizzes, Recordings and Lectures, then rate them yourself!
- Alternative Names: Now use our smart search to find any structure, whether you search the official name, common alternative name or classic eponymous name. Also reveal a structure’s alternative names, where present, in the title area of its Info panel.
- Lymphatics: a variant of lymphatic classification entirely unique to 3D4Medical can be seen in the abdomen and thigh.
- Heart: We’re excited for you to experience our brand new, completely remodelled heart; more detailed and anatomically accurate than ever before! Explore three layers of pericardium, with new cuts and windows for better visualization of the intricate details of each chamber.
- Thigh: Reconfigured with increased anatomical precision and accuracy, the updated architecture for the muscles of the thigh has allowed for the creation of intermuscular septae, allowing the correct course of arteries, veins, nerves and lymphatics respectively. Muscle origins and insertions have also been reconsidered to match the academic literature.
- Pelvis: Following on from the recently updated abdomen content, we have updated the anatomical accuracy of the pelvic region follows suit with a redesign of the pelvic cavity, impacting a diverse range of structures from bones to vessels. The new placement of the psoas and ilacus muscles has allowed greater accuracy of the iliac vessels. Users will also benefit from an updated Sacral plexus, an area which can be challenging to learn on paper.
- Arterial System: Levels for arteries have been revised and expanded upon to reflect study difficulty level and branching patterns.
- Lungs: Updated to match the upgraded heart.
- Muscular System: Reorganised and regrouped in line with anatomical literature.
- Info panel: Reconfigured for more intuitive navigation, and Muscle Innervation feature renamed to ‘Nerves'.
- Screens: Introducing a more streamlined interface for viewing Screens, to allow clearer focus on both the model and for seamless learning about the Screen’s descriptive content.
- Quiz: Super sleek new look for Quiz Overview and Quiz Results.
- Breadcrumb Trail: Improved clustering of structures = more navigation options! Swipe the breadcrumb trail left and right to see the full path.
- Pinch-to-Zoom: Use your Mac’s trackpad to zoom into the model with the pinch-to-zoom gesture.
Great tool for med school students and looking forward to future updates
This tool is amazing for anyone needing to study anatomy. there are just a few glitches that need to be fixed in the future like female version, glitches when fading different structures and other smaller organs that seemed to be excluded. In the future, I would love to have the option to see a sagittal, coronal and axial cut version of the virtual model along with the cutting tool that seems to glitch up and doesnt even cut some features. Its not a deal breaker though nd i definitely recommend it to anyone who doesn’t already have essential anatomy.
Great to have it on the MAC
So happy to see that Complete Anatomy is on the MAC- I have been using the iPad version for a few months and I cant live without it. There are times though I would prefer to use my MacBook…… Seriously the best app I have ever purchased….
Well Crafted, Would like to see more attention to Head and Neck
Fails to include surface features found in the larygopharynx, such as “piriform recess/sinus” which is located between the lateral boarder of the epiglottis and the wall of the pharynx. Additionally, increasing surface features and landmarks in the region of head and neck would be great for an aspiring medical/dental student.
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Nov 14, 2016
- Version: 2.2.0
- Size: 564 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: 3D4Medical.com
- © 3D4Medical Ltd
Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
Top In-App Purchases
- Full Version$49.99
- Full Upgrade from iOS Version$24.99
- EA Discount Upgrade$29.99
- Volume Discount$39.99