The ultimate ear training app for musicians. Develop your relative pitch to the full by improving your aural skills and your music theory knowledge. This will better many aspects of your life as a musician, be it regarding improvisation, composition, arrangement, interpretation, singing, or playing in a band. Designed like a video game and with strong pedagogical concepts in mind, this app will make you truly master each interval, chord, scale, etc. before taking you to the next one.
- 150+ progressive drills arranged over 4 levels / 28 chapters
- 11 drill types, 24 intervals, 36 chord types, chord inversions, 28 scale types, melodic dictations, chord progressions
- Easy mode: 50+ progressive drills arranged over 12 chapters specially designed for beginners
- Play a selection of 21 drills in arcade mode
- 5 octaves of actual recorded grand piano sounds
- In each chapter, a theory card will introduce you to the concepts you will need to know
- No need to know how to read music on a staff
- Designed like a video game: earn 3 stars in each drill of a chapter to unlock the next one. Or will you be able to obtain 5-star perfects?
- Compare scores amongst your friend circles and see how you rank against other players worldwide
- Don't want to follow the pre-established path of progression? Create and save your own custom drills and rehearse them at your own convenience
- Never lose any progress: cloud sync across your various devices
- Game Center: 25 achievements to unlock
- Game Center: Leaderboards (global, per level, per chapter, easy mode, arcade mode)
- Nice and clean user interface
- Designed by a musician and music teacher with a Royal Conservatory master's degree
- Download the app and try out the first chapter for free
- One-time in-app purchase of $2.99 / 3.49€ to unlock the full version
Having a problem? Got a suggestion? You can reach us at email@example.com
-Better support of the iPhoneX
-Helpers (tips and advices) have been improved
-More bugs fixed
Please note that this release is planned to be the last version for iOS 7.
Ratings and Reviews
My ear is middle-aged...and so are my eyes!
Haven’t taken music theory since the 80s. Back then I had a near-perfect ear and 20/20 vision—not so anymore, fellow travelers! This is a really great app, as thumb-based ear training goes. But some of the chapters that precede the exercises use small, light-weight fonts and the screens can’t be stretched. So if you really need to know the three alternate names for a diminished fifth chord, you may need a magnifying glass to read the superscript.
Game Center issues
UPDATE: I like the app, but the game center will still not enable on this Ipad Air 2 or the new 9.7 I just bought yesterday. I have reinstalled the app and still the same bug. Is there any specific help to correct this issue? How do I fix this? Just reinstalled and everything.
My few complaints are minor. Add a guitar sound. The piano is quality, but I'm a guitarist and would prefer it. I'd be willing to pay an extra dollar for other instruments.
The drills are very difficult, but justifiably so. Growing your aural skills takes a long time, and no one should expect to become a master in a month. This is an app to use for years to come.
On the other hand you can create custom drills to work on where you are having difficulty. This is unlocked in the full version purchased in-app for $2.99 - a worthwhile price if you ask me.
My primary complaint is that it is not obvious that many features are locked until you purchase the full version. At first I thought it was because I had not progressed. This turned out to be true in the long run, as unlocking the full version does not open up further parts of the app other than customizable drills. To unlock those parts you must succeed on previous lessons and drills. If it does unlock more than the personal drills, it is not clear, nor am I sure that my $3 was justified as a result. The way this was done is confusing.
- Stephane Dupont
- 79.8 MB
- Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Binary Guilt Software
- In-App Purchases
- App unlock $2.99
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.