Computer Dictionary - Programming & IT Definitions
By Farlex, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Computer Dictionary by Farlex gives you instant access to more than 29,000 computing terms and 5,000 images, all from authoritative sources, including the Computer Desktop Encyclopedia and the Free Online Dictionary of Computing. Plus more than 14,000 entries available anytime offline.
Whether you're a programmer, developer, web designer, student, or just looking to learn more about technology, this free computing dictionary app can help you find clear, in-depth definitions of computing terminology right on your iPhone or iPad. Search multiple authoritative dictionaries of computing concepts and IT terminology, all from industry-leading publishers, with entries on:
Fundamental technology concepts
Software and hardware
Informative historical content
Acronyms and abbreviations
+ much more…
* Search 29,000+ computing terms and definitions from top sources—all in one app.
* Access over 14,000 entries available anytime offline.
* 5,000+ images, including diagrams, illustrations, and photos.
* Decipher thousands of acronyms and abbreviations.
* Save unlimited bookmarks to quickly access the terms you view most.
* Use native voice search to look up a word just by saying it. (With supported devices)
* See search suggestions as you type and always find what you're looking for.
* View your recent searches.
* Perform advanced searches, including "Starts with," "Ends with," "Contains," and "Wildcard."
* Adjust font size.
* Listen to 7,000+ audio pronunciations for both American and British speakers in online mode.
* Share definitions via social networks, email, and text (with supported devices).
User-friendly, comprehensive, and authoritative: Computer Dictionary by Farlex is the perfect free computer dictionary for programmers, developers, web designers, IT professionals, students, and anyone looking to better understand technology. This is NOT a preview or a trial version, and there is no "locked" content. Open the app on your iPhone or iPad and immediately access all content — no subscriptions required!
How do we do it?
TheFreeDictionary.com - Farlex apps have been downloaded tens of millions times across multiple platforms, with top ratings after hundreds of thousands of reviews. We work with the best publishers to bring together trusted content in the most comprehensive, authoritative dictionary apps on the market. Our flagship app is The Free Dictionary (TFD), powered by TheFreeDictionary.com. Find our other apps by searching "Dictionary by Farlex" in the App Store.
What's New in Version 1.7
* Fixed bugs, including crash issue when starting without Internet connection.
Need some new features
Great app! I use it a lot for computer programming, hardware components, etc. questions! I really love it!
I’d like some added features on it though, specifically maybe the Word of the Day. That’d be cool! And also maybe add a video that talks about the searched word for the customer.
Also, I’m learning iOS app development right now and I’d really like to contact you to get some help and ideas for other app ideas I have.
Much more comprehensive than I expected. I thought it would be only basic terms with basic definitions. Not the case. Tons and tons of terms and the definitions are concise at the top but also include lots of details afterwards. Very well done.
Life saver for a newbie in IT world
God send App! Being new in IT, this is the best thing for me!! Now I can just look up an acronym and find its meaning without browsing through my books. Thank u for this!!
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Nov 22, 2016
- Version: 1.7
- Size: 65.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Farlex, Inc.
- © 2016 Farlex, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Ad-free upgrade$0.99