With more than 4000 Computer Terms and lots of pictorial representation of formulas, this Computer Science Dictionary defines all the technical terms from elementary to professional level. It’s not an ordinary Computer Dictionary, it contains History of Computer and many evolutions as a Timeline feature. This Computer Science Engineering App is full of numerous QUIZZES to brush up your knowledge and challenge your learning.
Computer Science Dictionary comprises of the following categories:-
• Software Engineering
• Programming Languages
• Information Storage and Retrieval
• Operating System
• Computational Science
• Intelligent Systems
With features like:-
• Timeline- Computer history timeline from abacus to present.
• Quiz- Test yourself and memorize with this computer science quiz.
• Autoplay- Listen to all the terms and its meaning.
• Contribute- If you think something’s amiss, contribute it!
• Edubank- Save most frequent terms you need.
Install this SMART Computer Science Engineering App and experience the premium learning app!
Minor bug fixes
Support for latest iOS
Ratings and Reviews
Good app but racist timeline
The app itself is good, with great terms, a nice UI and is very user-friendly. The timeline of math/computer history is horrific - it speaks of the brilliant math/tech inventions of the Babylonians, Persians, Chinese, Arabs, Indians and Europeans, but literally skips over the predating dark-skin cultures (Egyptians, Sumerians, etc) in the cradle of civilization who invented the foundations of math, engineering, astronomy, etc. Ancient batteries, ancient machines, how the Egyptians revolutionized the chariot (it mentions the South-pointing Chinese chariot of course), where zero numerically was used before the Indians, Egyptian use of a binary system, Egyptian cryptography, ancient Sumerian astronomy devices, etc. I could go on and on, are curiously skipped over. Modern history? A woman was one of the first programmers of the computer. Black American Dr Marc Dean of IBM invented IBM's Official PC and 1 Ghz processor and holds the patents. A Mexican PhD invented one of the first brain-computer interfaces. These facts are not in the timeline. Why?
Application is not restore
I purchased this application three days ago and update this app. After update it is not working. Then I deleted the app and again download but it does not restore now. I cannot buy two times. What going wrong ? Plz fix it.
Immediately crashes consistently
Very good and informative app while learning, researching, and understanding technology terminology. This app now crashes immediately when launched and does it over and over. A good fix would be nice.
- Edutainment Ventures LLC
- 32.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © @2015 Edutainment Ventures LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Full Volume $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.