Cross-a-Pix are exciting logic puzzles that form whimsical pixel-art pictures when solved. Challenging, deductive and artistic, these puzzles offer the ultimate mix of logic, art and fun while providing solvers with many hours of mentally stimulating entertainment.
Each puzzle consists of a blank grid, divided into various regions, with clues to the left of every row and at the top of every column. The object is to reveal a hidden picture by painting squares and filling blocks according to the rules.
The game features a unique fingertip cursor which enables playing large puzzle grids with ease and precision: to fill a square, move cursor to the desired location and tap anywhere on the screen. The square, as well as all other squares belonging to the same region, will fill in automatically.
For more fun, Conceptis Cross-a-Pix includes a Weekly Bonus section providing an extra free puzzle each week.
• 42 free Cross-a-Pix puzzles in SingleClue and DualClue
• 8 extra-large puzzles bonus for iPad only
• Extra bonus puzzle published free each week
• Puzzle library continuously updates with new content
• Manually created by artists, top quality puzzles
• Unique solution for each puzzle
• Grid sizes up to 20x30 (45x60 for iPad)
• Multiple difficulty levels
• Hours of intellectual challenge and fun
• Sharpens logic and improves cognitive skills
• Exclusive fingertip cursor design for solving large puzzles
• Concurrently playing and saving multiple puzzles
• Puzzle library sorting and hiding options
• Portrait and landscape screen support (iPad only)
• Unlimited Undo and Redo
• Error checking option when row or column is completed
• Clue auto check-off when row or column is completed
• Check puzzle
• Track puzzle solving times
Cross-a-Pix have also become popular under other names such as Campixu, PoliPix and Crazy Paving. Similar to Picross, Nonogram and Griddlers, the puzzles are solved and the pictures revealed using logic alone. All puzzles in this app are produced by Conceptis Ltd. - the leading supplier of logic puzzles to printed and electronic gaming media all over the world. On average, more than 20 million Conceptis puzzles are solved each day in newspapers, magazines, books and online as well as on smartphones and tablets across the world.
This version lets you share the app through your preferred services and social networks. It also simplifies submission of app ratings and reviews.
Ratings and Reviews
Why am I SOOO addicted? This is becoming a problem!
These developers have taken so much money of mine ;-)
This game is awesome. It has a steeper learning curve, but stick with it. Can be difficult! And there are two different games. New players - start with dual clues games IMO. I'm loving it but have to admit that each game takes quite a while to play, and I've found myself needing the green (the row/column is correct setting), and the "check for mistakes" help for now. Those have been abandoned in pic-a-pix long ago ;-). I think another easy/small pack, or at least a few more obvious rows in bigger puzzles would help. Update: thank goodness they've added Snacks. The big ones and smallest are tough IMHO.
Love that I can turn off the ability to not see iPad packs. Yay, their other apps have added that too!
Ok, back to playing! Oh, no ads or anything, yay! Puzzle packs are a bit $, but can be replayed a lot!
Tip from author email (since this is different from older versions of pic-a-pix and I can't find it in Help) - To reset all puzzles in a volume, go to the Library screen and slide any
volume to the left. You can also hide volumes this way.
Great, like all Conceptis puzzles
I have been hooked on Conceptis puzzles for a long time. I used to play online and didn't hesitate to get every app as it came out. They have been working great, and I love getting the free weekly puzzle.
The game for me
I love this game. The app works great. You get a bunch of puzzles free to start and a free puzzle each week, so you can use the app completely free. Or if you want more, you can purchase additional puzzles.
- Conceptis Ltd.
- 15.1 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Conceptis Ltd.
- In-App Purchases
- DualClue - Variety 1 $2.99
- DualClue - Large 1 $3.99
- SingleClue - Variety 1 $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.