By Conceptis Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Fill-a-Pix are exciting logic puzzles that form whimsical pixel-art pictures when solved. Challenging, deductive and artistic, this original Conceptis puzzle offers the ultimate mix of logic, art and fun while providing solvers with many hours of mentally stimulating entertainment.
Each puzzle consists of a grid containing clues in various places. The object is to reveal a hidden picture by painting the squares around each clue so that the number of painted squares, including the square with the clue, matches the value of the clue.
The game features a unique fingertip cursor which enables playing large puzzle grids with ease and precision: to fill a square, move cursor to the desired location and tap anywhere on the screen. To fill multiple squares, press and hold fingertip until cursor fills the square and start dragging to neighboring squares. The game also features a powerful Smart-fill cursor for quick, single-tap filling of all remaining empty squares around a clue.
For more fun, Conceptis Fill-a-Pix includes a Weekly Bonus section providing an extra free puzzle each week.
• 42 free Fill-a-Pix puzzle samples
• 8 extra-large puzzles bonus for iPad only
• Extra bonus puzzle published free each week
• Puzzle library continuously updates with new content
• Manually created by artists, top quality puzzles
• Unique solution for each puzzle
• Grid sizes up to 50x75 (65x100 for iPad)
• Multiple difficulty levels
• Hours of intellectual challenge and fun
• Sharpens logic and improves cognitive skills
• Exclusive fingertip cursor design for solving large puzzles
• Concurrently playing and saving multiple puzzles
• Puzzle library sorting and hiding options
• Portrait and landscape screen support (iPad only)
• Enlarge, reduce, move puzzle for easy viewing
• Smart-fill cursor for faster playing
• Unlimited Undo and Redo
• Auto-fill starting clues option
• Show errors during gameplay
• Check puzzle
• Track puzzle solving times
Fill-a-Pix have also become popular under other names such as Mosaic, Mosaik, Fill-In, Nurie-Puzzle and Japanese Puzzle. Similar to Picross, Nonogram and Griddlers, the puzzles are solved and the pictures revealed using logic alone. All puzzles in this app are produced by Conceptis Ltd. - the leading supplier of logic puzzles to printed and electronic gaming media all over the world. On average, more than 20 million Conceptis puzzles are solved each day in newspapers, magazines, books and online as well as on smartphones and tablets across the world.
What's New in Version 4.4
This version adds a Don't Miss section in the Weekly Bonus screen to help you stay tuned. It also contains minor performance and stability improvements.
Old review, haven't checked to see if my wishes are still wishes. Still playing. These guys just have so much of my money ;-). And I keep coming back to their puzzles (vs others that are obsessively playing for awhile and then kind of abandoned).
Suggestion to author: In the tutorial, it says to mark 6's and 4's, but then the very first puzzle doesn't have them, and others have few. Might want 1st three or so puzzles to have more of those clues.
Also, difficulty is currently only related to size of puzzle. But, some very easy, or easy puzzles are harder than expected (similar difficulty to hardest puzzles). Makes it harder for a new person to learn.
Just suggestions... Great game!
I love doing Fil-a-Pix when I'm sitting somewhere waiting, on the phone, listening to the radio or a podcast, or whenever I've got some time to kill but don't want to have to engage my brain too much. I like that I can abruptly quit and have it exactly where I left off when I pick it up again. This and Two Dots are my go-to games.
Great Logic Puzzles
I've gotten into so many different logic puzzles, and really like Conceptis' variety. Fill-a-Pix is one of my favorites, and I keep coming back to do and redo these puzzles more than the others (e.g. Hashi, Link-a-Pix).
My commute is mostly walking with 10min on a metro/subway (not so great for reading), so I find the Fill-a-Pix puzzles are great to do on my short span on the train. ☺️👍
- Category: Games
- Updated: Aug 16, 2016
- Version: 4.4
- Size: 14.9 MB
- Languages: English, Japanese, Simplified Chinese
- Seller: Conceptis Ltd.
- © Conceptis Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Basic Logic - Variety 1$2.99
- Advanced Logic - Variety 1$2.99
- Basic Logic - Variety 2$2.99
- Basic Logic - Variety Large$3.99
- Basic Logic - Extra Large 1$4.99
- Basic Logic - Variety 3$2.99
- Basic Logic - Famous Paintings$4.99
- Advanced Logic - Variety Large$3.99
- Basic Logic - Variety Large 2$3.99
- Basic Logic - Animal Kingdom$3.99