Concepts: Smarter Sketching, Design & CAD for Architecture & Illustration
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Concepts is the digital design sketchbook of the future. It’s powerful, flexible and smart, so you can go from quick sketches to beautiful and precise illustrations in a single app. Concepts is made for iPhone, iPad and iPad Pro w/ Apple Pencil so your sketchbook is always ready. Enhance your creative capabilities with our infinite canvas, flexible multi-touch shape guides, completely adjustable vector strokes, and the ability to export in powerful formats like SVG or CAD. Once you learn to use Concepts, you’ll never want another sketchbook again.
Concepts is one of the top-rated design apps in the App Store and it keeps getting better. It has been used to design a new hospital, build a yacht, craft award-winning quilts and create fine art featured in galleries... Concepts really shines when you’re conceptualizing ideas, rapidly prototyping, or drafting quick visual iterations.
Unlock the full power of Concepts with the Pro Pack:
- PRECISION TOOLS. Bring the power of CAD to your sketches, through multi-touch shape guides, automatic measurements and snap-to sketching. We’ll do the math for you.
- ADJUST ANYTHING. Tap-and-hold any stroke or group to move, stretch, smooth, copy, delete, or change ink weight and color.
- INFINITE LAYERS. Seriously. View them without losing context.
- POWERFUL EXPORTS. Send high-resolution (300dpi+) PNG, vector (SVG), CAD (DXF), Adobe Photoshop (PSD), and standard formats anywhere.
If you’re not ready to go Pro, the basic app includes:
- ELEGANT, CLEAN INTERFACE. We get out of the way, so you can focus on your work.
- INFINITE CANVAS, SHARP ZOOM & ROTATION. Also Portrait and Split View Multi-tasking.
- 5 LAYERS with intelligent separation.
- IMPORT IMAGES. Learn by tracing, or mark up images with notes to give feedback to coworkers.
- UNLIMITED PROJECTS. Never, ever stop sketching.
- COPIC COLORS. The beautiful color wheel will make you say ‘wow’.
- BLUETOOTH STYLUS SUPPORT. Connect your favorite stylus from Apple, FiftyThree, Adobe, Adonit, HEX3, Pogo or Wacom. Includes Palm Rejection. Full support for Apple Pencil on iPad Pro.
- GORGEOUS VECTOR BRUSHES. Pencil, Pens, Area Fills, Marker and Airbrush. All free.
- ADJUSTABLE PAPER with real-scale paper sizes, layout guides + rulers, transparency, graph paper and isometric grids.
If you love to sketch, then Concepts is for you. It is the favorite app of Professional Designers, Illustrators, Architects, Industrial Designers and Makers everywhere. It’s perfect for architecture, illustration, organic CAD (DXF) and vector (SVG) shapes, a simple sketch or sketchnote, even layered PSDs!
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
- Award Winning: Apple selected Concepts for the Best Apps of 2013 in 12 countries! Tabby Awards 2013: Best Creation & Design App.
- "Never before has my finger been mightier than my pencil!!! Creativity has blossomed literally on my fingertips!" - AneSharoo
- "...you can sum up Concepts in one word - irreplaceable." - DADGBE
- "...the ultimate design tool - the freedom to sketch with the power of vector manipulation." - John
- "So much power with a simple, stylish interface. A tool for makers to design and build their dreams." - Dave
- "This makes the Adobe Draw app look like a small-neck clam designed it." - Vonster
- "This is the future in design." – Grim
WE'RE HERE TO HELP
Our goal is to help you bridge the gap between your ideas and the real world. Concepts is the design sketchbook that helps you break free from the desktop, and we're around for questions whenever they come up. Chat with us in-app, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or anywhere with @ConceptsApp.
We're dedicated to quality and we update often. If you experience any problems or have suggestions for improvement, please contact us directly so we can quickly address them!
COPIC is the trademark of Too Corporation. Special thanks to Claudine Zafra, Von Glitschka, Evan Bronstein AIA LEED GA and Erica Christensen for cover art!
What's New in Version 4.1.5
A brief new release that brings a fix for our top crash, plus:
- Updated support for a forthcoming stylus from Adonit.
- Fixes the project scrubber in the lower left of the gallery, so you can speedily move through your projects again.
Thanks for the feedback everyone, keep it coming! A big new release is just around the corner.
The Concepts Team @ TopHatch
Perhaps the best creative tool that I have ever purchased
I have been a graphic designer and a programmer for 30+ years and this is one of the most amazing creative tools that I have ever used.
When I first purchased my iPad Pro and Apple Pencil I spent weeks trying all of the drawing and note taking apps that I could find. After a few days ‘Concepts' quickly became my favorite choice for drawing, taking notes, and sketching out ideas.
This app has a ton of awesome features. Here are some of my favorites:
• resolution independent brush strokes that I can change the appearance of at any time
• the animated color picker (yes, it’s that awesome)
• the double tap and triple tap shortcuts to undo/redo
• layers that I can easily hide, rearrange, delete or merge
• the ability to export to Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
• in-app text chat with developer for tech support (wow…really helpful)
You can tell that developers have put a lot of effort into this application. It has an elegant interface that is both beautiful and intuitive. They have also compiled an awesome library of interactive tutorials and training movies that are accessible from within the app…along with an detailed user manual.
I highly recommend this app. Get the Pro Pack bundle…you won’t regret it.
Love it and I have a suggestion for a good tool
I love the concepts app, I have tried many other drawing related apps and this is a very wonderful one. Drawing on this one is smooth and rather detailed which is at the top of my list for the best graphic presentation even when exporting the art files. I have one suggestion though that I thing would make this an even more enjoyable app and that is if you would maybe make a blurring tool. The tool would allow artists to smooth out and merge colors giving the art piece a fine gradient of color, this would even be good with shadows and light on surfaces drawn for dark forming out to lighter apposing colors. That's all I would suggest, the app is lovely and I think it is wonderful as it is and thought maybe putting that idea out there may give you creators something to ponder, keep up the great job.
Well pleased indeed!
After cycling through the Adobe CC Mobile apps and some other drawing/sketch titles I found myself just disappointed. Even with the limitations of my first gen iPad mini this app works quite well. I believe that the creators put great thought and effort into this title. I have been using Concepts for only a day now and I find the overall accuracy of using the Adobe Ink pleasing. I was once thinking that something was wrong with my iPad as I was not finding the accuracy I was wanting with the other apps that the Ink was designed for. That frustration is a thing of the past. From simple sketches to complex designs this app works! Still learning and enjoying it.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: May 13, 2016
- Version: 4.1.5
- Size: 52.6 MB
- Languages: English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: TopHatch LLC
- © TopHatch, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro Pack (All Devices)$7.99
- Pro Pack [Legacy]$7.99
- Pro Pack (iPhone Only)$3.99
- Precision Toolkit$1.99
- Images & TextFree
- Upgrade to Pro Pack$5.99
- Layers & Adjust$2.99
- iPhone to iPad upgrade$3.99
- Sketch & Color ToolsFree