By TopHatch, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
The future of professional design is here: Concepts intelligently combines paper + pencil with powerful vector manipulation. Make quick sketches, beautiful illustrations, and precise drawings with ease and style.
You’ll love the infinite canvas and layers, flexible multi-touch shape guides, vector manipulation with advanced transforms, and the ability to export your sketches to powerful standardized formats like SVG, PSD, PDF and CAD (DXF). Concepts sets the standard for productivity in the mobile era.
Concepts saves you time and enhances your creative capability. Use simple gestures like a tap-and-hold to select anything, and configurable shortcuts for unlimited undo, making adjustments, and accessing layers or the iconic COPIC Color wheel.
Concepts is optimized for the iPad Pro with Apple Pencil, and works brilliantly on iPad and iPhone so your sketchbook is always with you.
With our unique approach to precision sketching, amazing Architects, Illustrators, Professional Designers and Makers like you have designed hospitals and boats, landscapes, illustrations and game art, outlined major film storyboards, even crafted award-winning quilts, greeting cards, furniture, robots and drones!
Unlock the full power of Concepts with the Pro Pack and other in-app purchases:
- PRECISION TOOLS. Bring the power of CAD to your sketches through multi-touch shape guides, automatic measurements and snap-to sketching. We’ll do the math for you.
- ADJUST ANYTHING. Tap-and-hold any stroke or group to move, stretch, smooth, copy, delete, or change ink weight and color.
- ADVANCED TRANSFORMS. Distort, Perspective Warp and Skew. Concepts is the only app on iOS that provides the full desktop-class set, and does so with an incredibly simple interface.
- INFINITE LAYERS. Seriously. View them without losing context.
- POWERFUL EXPORTS. Send high-resolution (300dpi+) PNG, vector (SVG), CAD (DXF), Adobe Photoshop (PSD), and standard formats anywhere.
- PDF IMPORTS & EXPORTS. Maintain clarity, format, scale and style with standardized PDF docs, available as a separate in-app purchase.
- OBJECT LIBRARIES. For quick work, drag-and-drop pre-made or custom vector objects straight into your sketch. Vector object packs for architecture, landscaping, UI design, industrial design, auto design, fashion design, sketchnoting, visual thinking and more are available separately via the in-app store. Or, design your own and use them in-app or on iMessage.
If you’re not ready to go Pro, the basic app includes:
- ELEGANT, CLEAN INTERFACE. We get out of the way, so you can focus on your sketch work.
- INFINITE CANVAS, SHARP ZOOM & ROTATION. Also Portrait and Split View multi-tasking.
- 5 LAYERS with intelligent separation.
- IMPORT IMAGES. Learn by tracing, or mark up images with notes to give feedback to coworkers.
- UNLIMITED PROJECTS. Never, ever stop sketching.
- COPIC COLORS. The beautiful color wheel will make you say ‘wow’.
- BLUETOOTH STYLUS SUPPORT. Connect your favorite stylus from Apple, FiftyThree, Adobe, Adonit, HEX3, Pogo or Wacom. Includes Palm Rejection. Full support for Apple Pencil on iPad Pro.
- GORGEOUS VECTOR BRUSHES. Pencil, Pens, Area Fills, Marker, Airbrush and Watercolor. All free.
- ADJUSTABLE PAPER with real-scale paper sizes, layout guides + rulers, transparency, graph paper and isometric grids.
Concepts is the pro-level design sketchbook that helps you break free from the desktop.
WE'RE HERE TO HELP
We're dedicated to quality and we update often. If you get stuck, chat with us in-app, pencil a note to firstname.lastname@example.org, or find us anywhere with @ConceptsApp.
COPIC is the trademark of Too Corporation. Special thanks to Claudine Zafra, Lasse Pekkala and Erica Christensen for the architecture and illustration cover sketches!
What's New in Version 4.6.3
You’ll be happy to know we figured out a workaround for the iOS11 + first gen iPad Pro drawing lag and added support for the new HEIF image format.
Other awesome iOS11 features are right around the corner — check out sneak peeks of Concepts 5 and the serious creativity of #inktober on Instagram or your favorite social channel @ConceptsApp.
The Concepts Team @ TopHatch
Simply the best design app on iOS
If one needs a “fine art” drawing app that works in raster images and has all the brushes an artist could want, then there is Procreate. It works great. That being said...
If one wants to work on an infinite canvas, if one wants to work on drafts before finished work, if one wants to make an editable mindmap by hand, if one wants to design websites, storyboards, comic book layouts, videogames, or even a skyscraper, if one wants to be able to reedit any stroke they’ve made, if one wants to be able to export to most any file type, if one wants to markup and edit PDFs, if one wants to work with their designs, then there is Concepts. A powerhouse of an app that makes anyone able to communicate their ideas.
Additionally, it is pay-per-feature with no subscription. Easily the most accessible and fairly-priced app I have used, considering all that it allows you to do. WORTH EVERY PENNY.
I downloaded this app to see whether I liked it as much or better than Procreate. In the end I decided that having both of them is extremely useful to me. I’m using Concepts for sketch work, and procreate for finishing working.
Concepts is beautiful for sketching. I would describe the interface as soft and intuitive. It works beautifully with the Apple Pencil, and has a few really interesting creative features that I have not seen in other art programs before. It just feels good to work with. Natural. And after watching a few simple tutorials, I use it with ease.
It is a great program and for the price I think every artist should have it.
LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS APP
I love everything about this affordable app.
They’ve made it easy to use, easy to learn, AND easy to ask any questions. Definitely check out their VERY user friendly help section. While you certainly can contact them direct to ask anything you want or think you need to if you check the help section first you may find out you don’t even need to reach out. You should also follow the links to their GREAT how to videos online.
Thank you very much for creating this great app!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 30, 2017
- Version: 4.6.3
- Size: 138 MB
- Languages: English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: TopHatch, Inc.
- © TopHatch, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro Pack$9.99
- PDF Essentials$4.99
- Pro Pack (iPhone Only)$4.99
- Pro Pack [Legacy]$7.99
- DIY Stickers$3.99
- Shape Library$1.99
- 3 Object Pack Credits$4.99
- 10 Object Packs$14.99
- 5 Object Pack Credits $7.99
- Upgrade to Pro Pack$5.99