Concepts: Sketch, Design, Illustrate & Architect
By TopHatch, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The future of professional design is here: Concepts intelligently combines paper + pencil with powerful vector manipulation. Make quick sketches, beautiful illustrations, and precise drawings with ease and style.
You’ll love the infinite canvas and layers, flexible multi-touch shape guides, vector manipulation with advanced transforms, and the ability to export your sketches to powerful standardized formats like SVG, PSD, PDF and CAD (DXF). Concepts sets the standard for productivity in the mobile era.
Concepts saves you time and enhances your creative capability. Use simple gestures like a tap-and-hold to select anything, and configurable shortcuts for unlimited undo, making adjustments, and accessing layers or the iconic COPIC Color wheel.
Concepts is optimized for the iPad Pro with Apple Pencil, and works brilliantly on iPad and iPhone so your sketchbook is always with you.
With our unique approach to precision sketching, amazing Architects, Illustrators, Professional Designers and Makers like you have designed hospitals and boats, landscapes, illustrations and game art, outlined major film storyboards, even crafted award-winning quilts, greeting cards, furniture, robots and drones!
Unlock the full power of Concepts with the Pro Pack and other in-app purchases:
- PRECISION TOOLS. Bring the power of CAD to your sketches through multi-touch shape guides, automatic measurements and snap-to sketching. We’ll do the math for you.
- ADJUST ANYTHING. Tap-and-hold any stroke or group to move, stretch, smooth, copy, delete, or change ink weight and color.
- ADVANCED TRANSFORMS. Distort, Perspective Warp and Skew. Concepts is the only app on iOS that provides the full desktop-class set, and does so with an incredibly simple interface.
- INFINITE LAYERS. Seriously. View them without losing context.
- POWERFUL EXPORTS. Send high-resolution (300dpi+) PNG, vector (SVG), CAD (DXF), Adobe Photoshop (PSD), and standard formats anywhere.
- PDF IMPORTS & EXPORTS. Maintain clarity, format, scale and style with standardized PDF docs, available as a separate in-app purchase.
- OBJECT LIBRARIES. For quick work, drag-and-drop pre-made or custom vector objects straight into your sketch. Vector object packs for architecture, landscaping, UI design, industrial design, auto design, fashion design, sketchnoting, visual thinking and more are available separately via the in-app store. Or, design your own and use them in-app or on iMessage.
If you’re not ready to go Pro, the basic app includes:
- ELEGANT, CLEAN INTERFACE. We get out of the way, so you can focus on your sketch work.
- INFINITE CANVAS, SHARP ZOOM & ROTATION. Also Portrait and Split View multi-tasking.
- 5 LAYERS with intelligent separation.
- IMPORT IMAGES. Learn by tracing, or mark up images with notes to give feedback to coworkers.
- UNLIMITED PROJECTS. Never, ever stop sketching.
- COPIC COLORS. The beautiful color wheel will make you say ‘wow’.
- BLUETOOTH STYLUS SUPPORT. Connect your favorite stylus from Apple, FiftyThree, Adobe, Adonit, HEX3, Pogo or Wacom. Includes Palm Rejection. Full support for Apple Pencil on iPad Pro.
- GORGEOUS VECTOR BRUSHES. Pencil, Pens, Area Fills, Marker, Airbrush and Watercolor. All free.
- ADJUSTABLE PAPER with real-scale paper sizes, layout guides + rulers, transparency, graph paper and isometric grids.
Concepts is the pro-level design sketchbook that helps you break free from the desktop.
WE'RE HERE TO HELP
We're dedicated to quality and we update often. If you get stuck, chat with us in-app, pencil a note to firstname.lastname@example.org, or find us anywhere with @ConceptsApp.
COPIC is the trademark of Too Corporation. Special thanks to Claudine Zafra, Lasse Pekkala and Erica Christensen for the architecture and illustration cover sketches!
What's New in Version 4.5
Our most artistic math to date, this wet-blend brush combines beautifully with other colors nearby. All the vector properties still apply; try picking up and moving this digital water with your fingertips, or use in conjunction with Infinite Layers for even more control. This is a free addition to your design toolbox.
Tag your shares with #conceptsapp and we’ll cheer for you!
HUGE PERFORMANCE GAINS
Affecting every tool in your arsenal, Concepts’ ink now flows faster than any digital ink you’ve ever used. Curves will feel more natural, handwriting more responsive, and every little detail will be captured. Capture more of it, too, with significantly reduced memory usage, meaning bigger drawings and better battery life.
We made some important structural changes in the gallery, so it should be easier to page between projects, start new ones, and see your growing libraries. More to come.
Want to backup your Concepts (CPT) files to your computer or other cloud service? Now you can -- just export as normal and the choice of location is yours.
We’ve also fixed a ton of bugs. Please let us know if your favorite still needs squishing.
Care to leave a review? It helps others discover Concepts and us to deliver quality features. Leave yours today, or send questions / comments to email@example.com and we’ll answer you promptly.
The Concepts Team @ TopHatch
I absolutely love this app! Even though most people use it for more of a blueprint type thing, I use it to draw! It works pretty well when drawing, and the new update with the "water colors" has really helped me a lot! I have had some glitches with layers, but other than that I love this app. I wish that they could add a fill tool, so then you could color a space in quicker. Even though you could upgrade to pro, you can still do a lot of things unlike other apps. You should definitely upgrade to pro to help support the app, but it's not my decision. Definitely get this if you love making blueprints or love to draw.
This app is amazing, And I have made a lot of art with it. It's simple to use, has an intuitive, not too overly-complicated interface, and its stylish. It even lets you draw on infinite canvas, which I haven't heard of any other drawing app let you do. Definitely 10/10 stars in my opinion.
If you are a professional sketcher. Any medium. This is the only tool you'll need.
I think every tool is perfect for different individuals. Concepts is as easy to use for a 5 years old and as complicated and full of features for a CAD designer. Use your weapon.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Apr 17, 2017
- Version: 4.5
- Size: 130 MB
- Languages: English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: TopHatch, Inc.
- © TopHatch, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro Pack (All Devices)$7.99
- Pro Pack (iPhone Only)$3.99
- Pro Pack [Legacy]$7.99
- Make Your Own Objects$3.99
- Shape Library$1.99
- 10 Object Pack Credits $14.99
- 3 Object Pack Credits$4.99
- 5 Object Pack Credits $7.99
- Upgrade to Pro Pack$5.99