Concepts: Sketch, Design, Illustrate & Architect
By TopHatch, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The future of professional design is here: Concepts intelligently combines paper + pencil with powerful vector manipulation. Make quick sketches, beautiful illustrations, and precise drawings with ease and style.
You’ll love the infinite canvas and layers, flexible multi-touch shape guides, vector manipulation with advanced transforms, and the ability to export your sketches to powerful standardized formats like SVG, PSD, PDF and CAD (DXF). Concepts sets the standard for productivity in the mobile era.
Concepts saves you time and enhances your creative capability. Use simple gestures like a tap-and-hold to select anything, and configurable shortcuts for unlimited undo, making adjustments, and accessing layers or the iconic COPIC Color wheel.
Concepts is optimized for the iPad Pro with Apple Pencil, and works brilliantly on iPad and iPhone so your sketchbook is always with you.
With our unique approach to precision sketching, amazing Architects, Illustrators, Professional Designers and Makers like you have designed hospitals and boats, landscapes, illustrations and game art, outlined major film storyboards, even crafted award-winning quilts, greeting cards, furniture, robots and drones!
Unlock the full power of Concepts with the Pro Pack and other in-app purchases:
- PRECISION TOOLS. Bring the power of CAD to your sketches through multi-touch shape guides, automatic measurements and snap-to sketching. We’ll do the math for you.
- ADJUST ANYTHING. Tap-and-hold any stroke or group to move, stretch, smooth, copy, delete, or change ink weight and color.
- ADVANCED TRANSFORMS. Distort, Perspective Warp and Skew. Concepts is the only app on iOS that provides the full desktop-class set, and does so with an incredibly simple interface.
- INFINITE LAYERS. Seriously. View them without losing context.
- POWERFUL EXPORTS. Send high-resolution (300dpi+) PNG, vector (SVG), CAD (DXF), Adobe Photoshop (PSD), and standard formats anywhere.
- PDF IMPORTS & EXPORTS. Maintain clarity, format, scale and style with standardized PDF docs, available as a separate in-app purchase.
- OBJECT LIBRARIES. For quick work, drag-and-drop pre-made or custom vector objects straight into your sketch. Vector object packs for architecture, landscaping, UI design, industrial design, auto design, fashion design, sketchnoting, visual thinking and more are available separately via the in-app store. Or, design your own and use them in-app or on iMessage.
If you’re not ready to go Pro, the basic app includes:
- ELEGANT, CLEAN INTERFACE. We get out of the way, so you can focus on your sketch work.
- INFINITE CANVAS, SHARP ZOOM & ROTATION. Also Portrait and Split View multi-tasking.
- 5 LAYERS with intelligent separation.
- IMPORT IMAGES. Learn by tracing, or mark up images with notes to give feedback to coworkers.
- UNLIMITED PROJECTS. Never, ever stop sketching.
- COPIC COLORS. The beautiful color wheel will make you say ‘wow’.
- BLUETOOTH STYLUS SUPPORT. Connect your favorite stylus from Apple, FiftyThree, Adobe, Adonit, HEX3, Pogo or Wacom. Includes Palm Rejection. Full support for Apple Pencil on iPad Pro.
- GORGEOUS VECTOR BRUSHES. Pencil, Pens, Area Fills, Marker and Airbrush. All free.
- ADJUSTABLE PAPER with real-scale paper sizes, layout guides + rulers, transparency, graph paper and isometric grids.
Concepts is the pro-level design sketchbook that helps you break free from the desktop.
WE'RE HERE TO HELP
We're dedicated to quality and we update often. If you get stuck, chat with us in-app, pencil a note to firstname.lastname@example.org, or find us anywhere with @ConceptsApp.
COPIC is the trademark of Too Corporation. Special thanks to Claudine Zafra, Lasse Pekkala and Erica Christensen for the architecture and illustration cover sketches!
What's New in Version 4.4.1
CHEERFUL FIXES & WACOM ON iPHONE
If you missed our last update, you’ll be happy to know PDF Import/Export is now available, along with big updates to Layers, Performance, and the in-app Store.
This update adds support for Wacom styli on iPhone (6 and later), and addresses a few stability issues that popped up for those of you running iOS <9.3. This will be the last update to support those older versions, so please update to take advantage of upcoming (awesome) features.
If you’re taking a holiday, please enjoy it. If you’re not, maybe try a nap instead?
The Concepts Team @ TopHatch
This is by far the most useful design and drawing app. I have been able to use it to design several parts needed for my company and customers. It even has extremely detailed tutorial videos to teach you.
The perfect companion for a theorist
I am a theoretical physicist and I am constantly writing down / drawing up ideas regarding different theories. I never thought the day would come when I could simply take out my phone and quickly write down, by hand, absolutely anything. There are no limitations for this app. The method to select items and apply transformations is super clean, intuitive, and most importantly precise. The ability to edit any stroke ever created is beyond amazing. The objects panel adds even more functionality. You will be able to render a complete drawing of any idea that may strike you.
The only additional feature that is a must (but they probably will implement soon) is a complete backup of the data to iCloud or some server of choice.
Excellent job Concepts Team! Thank you for making this beautiful piece of software.
A more in depth built in user guide would be nice but other than that I love it
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 19, 2016
- Version: 4.4.1
- Size: 102 MB
- Languages: English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: TopHatch, Inc.
- © TopHatch, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro Pack (All Devices)$7.99
- Pro Pack (iPhone Only)$3.99
- Pro Pack [Legacy]$7.99
- Make Your Own Objects$3.99
- Shape Library$1.99
- 10 Object Pack Credits $14.99
- 3 Object Pack Credits$4.99
- 5 Object Pack Credits $7.99
- Upgrade to Pro Pack$5.99