By TopHatch, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Concepts is the award-winning, advanced sketching and design app for professional creators. With our infinite canvas and organic brushes, fluid and responsive vector drawing engine, and intuitive precision tools, your design experience has never felt so natural. Whether you’re an architect, product designer, illustrator or visual thinker, you can explore, iterate and share your designs anywhere you go.
- Infinite canvas and movable menus for a comfortable, focus-driven drawing workflow.
- Sketch with fluid pens or CAD-like wires, traditional-style pencils, markers and live-blending watercolor with COPIC or custom color sets.
- Mix and drag colors into your own palettes to preserve tone and mood, or reference colors from images with our new vector color picker.
- Select and adjust every stroke you’ve drawn for ultimate drawing control and easy iterations.
- Our precision shape guides, snap and measurement tools respond to real-world scale and do the math for you.
- Enjoy infinite, adjustable Layers, with a Focus Mode for quick reference and touchup.
- Create, organize and share custom object libraries for use in multiple projects, synced free across devices.
- Choose from a variety of powerful exports in standard or vector formats like High-res PNG, SVG, DXF (CAD) or PSD with a connected Adobe CC account. Share with your colleagues or bridge with other apps for further development.
- Optimized for iOS 11’s attention to workflows with Drag & Drop, and fine-tuned to work seamlessly with Apple Pencil on the iPad Pro with 120Hz ProMotion rendering.
Concepts is used by top designers at Apple, Disney, Playstation, Philips, HP, Unity, Illumination Entertainment, and many more.
- "I use Concepts more than any other tool. I absolutely love it. The natural, fluid, vector-based workflow is so easy to use, but incredibly powerful. The technology never gets in the way of creativity. The fast and clean user experience makes it a joy to use.” - Yarrow Cheney, production designer, film director
- "The Concepts app has not changed what I do, just transformed how I do it. It offers me the power, flexibility and adaptability of technology with all the sensitivity and immediacy of traditional hand drawing. In short, it is an app that I now cannot imagine being without, and the only time I've experienced something that betters pen and paper.” - Ewen Miller, head of Calderpeel Architects
- “I use it just for everything. Drawing, making notes, brainstorming, PDF markup, wireframing, design — EVERYTHING. And it delivers.” - natanaeldekross
Start sketching with our solid, free sketching package. Enjoy beautiful tools, COPIC colors, five layers, our infinite canvas and JPG exports.
Upgrade to the Essentials, designed specifically for professionals. Gain the powerful ability to select and adjust your strokes after you’ve drawn them, use our precision shape guides and shape objects, and export PNG, PSD, SVG, DXF and CONCEPT native file formats.
Get just what you need A-la-Carte, like royalty-free, vector object libraries, Make Your Own Objects (use them as Stickers in iMessage) and deep PDF integration.
Or subscribe monthly or yearly and gain access to every library and feature in app, plus our brand new Team services for quick collaboration: secure live sharing of libraries, palettes and all future libraries + content.
If you opt to subscribe to Concepts Everything monthly or yearly, payment will be charged to your iTunes Account at time of purchase. Your plan will renew automatically at the price shown above within 24 hours of the end of the billing period, unless turned off beforehand. You can cancel or make changes anytime in your iTunes Account settings.
We're dedicated to quality and update often. If you get stuck, chat with us in-app, pencil a note to firstname.lastname@example.org, or find us anywhere with @ConceptsApp.
COPIC is the trademark of Too Corporation. Special thanks to Lasse Pekkala and Mimochai for cover art!
What's New in Version 5.0.3
Thanks to your feedback on our huge 5.0 release, we’ve made the following changes:
- Double-tap the Import menu button to jump straight to importing an image.
- Dismiss pop-downs by swiping up.
- In the status bar, you can now edit zoom, scale and rotation of the canvas or a selection with a tap+hold, as you can with other measurements. Double-tap to reset.
- Selections now persist and are able to be modified when opening the main brush config.
- You can now use the color picker while a selection is active to change its color from a reference.
- Show status bar activity indicator while rendering and loading.
- New gesture shortcuts for toggling a Shape Guide or the whole Interface.
- Off-screen arrows are back so you can find content that’s not visible on screen.
- In the account section, let us know what subjects you’re interested in so we can start to tailor your experience and learning preferences.
- Fixes related to editing the properties of a selection.
- Improved performance of the brush configuration screen.
- Fixed an issue with purchases not being recognized in a small number of cases.
- Fixed issues with drawing on the ellipse and rectangle shape guides.
- Allow selection of measurement labels when active layer only is set.
- Fixed an issue with the tool wheel becoming corner docked unintentionally.
- Stability improvements.
If you love rapid updates like this one, leave a five-star review in the App Store. It really helps.
We’ll be back soon with more!
The Concepts Team @ TopHatch
I was not happy with the upgrade because I do not have an iPad Pro and/or my iPad is too old to accept iOS 11, therefore I was not eligible for the upgrade. The developers responded. But the response did not change anything. So as soon as I get around to it, I will see if I can afford an iPad Pro because I want to be able to use this new upgraded app version. I had trouble learning the old version and I gave up and deleted the app, even though I had paid for the extra features, although I do not really know exactly which features I had because so many new ones have come out. Things are changing constantly and some of us are happy with the changes, but others are not. And the developers have to make money in order to afford to live, just like we do. So I would not be surprised if we will have to pay to use the app in the future. I feel that Concepts is a very good app as long as you understand how to use it and can afford to. Thanks.
Love This App!
I just want to say it’s very rare for me to write reviews but for this app I’m on it. I love how they’ve made the complex simple for guys like me. I’ve tried some of the fancier apps that limit you as a way of controlling your creativity but these fine people here don’t do that. Go crazy with it and create something never seen before and have fun. Thank you for this wonderful app!
This is a great app that is extremely versatile! Since it is vector based, it is my go-to app for digital design. I use it for quick ideas that eventually get finished in Illustrator, as well using it to complete projects from start to finish.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 15, 2018
- Version: 5.0.3
- Size: 100 MB
- Languages: English, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: TopHatch, Inc.
- © TopHatch, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- PDF Essentials$4.99
- Pro Pack (iPhone Only)$4.99
- Pro Pack [Legacy]$7.99
- DIY Stickers$3.99
- Shape Library$1.99
- 3 Object Pack Credits$4.99
- 10 Object Packs$14.99
- 5 Object Pack Credits $7.99
- Upgrade to Pro Pack$5.99