Concise English Dictionary & Thesaurus is the ideal, all-in-one reference, with a dictionary and a thesaurus combined in one handy, integrated app.
• Concise English Dictionary uses one of the largest English dictionary databases. It includes up to 591,700 entries and more than 4.9 million words
• High quality audio pronunciation (available in American, British and Australian English, in both male and female voices)
• 134,000 pronunciation guides in International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA)
• Word origins (etymologies)
• Content sensitive IPA pronunciation symbol assistance
• Clear and precise definitions
• Apart from "everyday" words and definitions, Concise English Dictionary includes biographical and geographical data, technical and scientific terms, idioms, prepositions, conjunctions, determiners, interjections, abbreviations, contractions, common misspellings, irregular forms and even Old English words
• Thesaurus functionality with word links
• Sample sentences show you how to use the words in your own speaking and writing
• Fast look-ups, snappy user interface, smooth-scrolling screens
• Editable history/bookmarks function
• Word Shake - shake the device to look up random words!
• Universal app, runs both on iPhone and iPad
• No internet connection required
• Ready for iOS 11
• Enhanced for iOS 11
• Ready for iPhone X
• Updated definition and etymology databases
• Improved search suggestions
• Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
No Sync Across Devices
I would like my money back. I needed an app that can sync saved vocabulary words across devices.
I love that I don't need wifi. I read everyday and I need an app that can keep pace wherever I happen to be reading, this app does so fairly well. The clean interface is also a bonus, I love the color.
- Csaba Kertesz
- 332.6 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2017 jDictionary Mobile
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.