This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
confaBOT explores the relationship between text and image by exploiting how images are currently dealt with on the internet. through the use of metadata [keywords + tags] our digital media and images are obsessively annotated with text in order to retrieve them in the future. this data is typically queried through the use of a search bar to find the particular content. confaBOT works in a similar way, however through the medium of an online chat where each line of conversation queries and displays the single most relevant image. the current version uses a rendition of ALICE chatbot – hoping that it would help keep the conversation flowing while providing surprising feedback and thus surprising imagery.
video demo: http://vimeo.com/31332817
- chat for unlimited time with your neighborhood bot named confaBOT
- watch with surprise as images are presented for each line of chat you type
- click on any line to view a thumbnail of the chat image
- click a 2nd time to view the images original context
- email chat logs with links to each image to friends and family!
UPDATE: Ran out of API transaction credits, but the problem has been fixed and confaBOT should be working fine now! Sorry for the downtime...
I already wrote a review but I'm downing it, it scares me. It said it was lookin at me through my camera.
Creepy as hell
This feels like ur talking to a real person
It works well for me on my iPad
- Category: Entertainment
- Released: Oct 26, 2011
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 1.5 MB
- Languages: English, Spanish
- Seller: ted davis
- © ted davis // FFD8 2011
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.