Stay in sync with your team, wherever you are, with the Confluence Server app.
PLEASE NOTE: The app works with self-hosted Confluence Server and Confluence Data Center sites running Confluence 6.8 and later.
• Create and edit pages
• Stay up to date with your team's work with push notifications for @mentions, replies, page shares, and tasks
• Quickly find pages you’ve recently viewed or worked on
• Go to any space and browse using the page tree
• Read pages or save them to read later on any device
• Like, comment on, and share pages
• See the latest activity from your Confluence site
• Search all of Confluence, or search within a specific space
From document creation to project collaboration, over 30,000 companies have discovered that Confluence is a game-changing way to share ideas, work on projects, and get stuff done.
Do I need the Server or Cloud app?
To check if this is the right app for your site, open Confluence in your browser and go to Help ( ? ) > About Confluence. If your Confluence version number is 6.8 or later you can use this app! If your version number starts with 1000, then you'll need the Confluence cloud app instead.
What we collect
Before you log in, this app will send us some anonymous information including your device, operating system version, carrier, day and time, country, and your language. If the app crashes for any reason, we also receive anonymous information in crash reports. This helps us make sure the app is working well.
Tell us what you think
We’re just getting started and we’d love your feedback: email@example.com.
In this version we've:
- fixed several bugs that caused the app to crash unexpectedly.
- improved the login process, particularly for people logging in with 2FA.
- added the ability to log in to a Confluence site that uses basic authentication.
- fixed an issue where you couldn't log in with DUO. You'll need to update the Confluence Mobile Plugin in Confluence to version 2.2.0 or later for this fix.
Ratings and Reviews
Very limited, almost not useful at all
For people who use Confluence with their teams, this is not a useful app. Though the desktop browser experience of Confluence is buggy and the mobile browser is poor, this app omits almost everything useful about Confluence:
- it does not update pages in the app when server pages are edited
- you can’t use any of the page templates to create new pages
- page editing lets you enter text, lists, and bold/italic only. No @ or [ or // references, no linking at all, inserting tables, adding pictures, indenting, adding table rows, etc. Even on an iPad with a keyboard. It’s useless for taking meeting notes.
- Most widgets on pages don’t work: search boxes, Task Canvas, Gilphy graphics, etc. everything is replaced with a “view desktop version” button that takes you out to the browser, where you’ll end up staying. At that point why have an app?
They say this is the start and more will come. Sadly this is a long way from being a useful collaboration tool. If all you need is a quick look at your favorite pages that other people update and you can comment on, it might work for you.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the detailed feedback, and sorry to hear the app isn’t living up to expectations. I’ve sent a detailed response via email, but on a high level, please be aware that currently this is just our 1.0 release. We want to be able to gauge feedback from users such as yourself and adjust accordingly.
To address a couple of the points that you've raised:
- Edited pages not updating in the app: While the page doesn’t automatically update (as it shows a cached version), pulling the page down to refresh it will always show the latest version. We’re considering whether to improve this behaviour in future releases.
- Widgets don't work: Most of these are 3rd party add-ons for Confluence. While we’ve provided 3rd party vendors with information on how to make their add-ons compatible with the app, it’s in the hands of the vendors themselves to prioritize and deliver these changes. We’ve left a “view desktop version” for users who still need to use these add-ons on mobile in the interim.
We always welcome feedback from our users, and will be taking all of your feature requests onboard to consider for future releases.
Not sure what this even brings to the table...
I went thru a whole mess of things to expose my atlassian stack through my firewall. In the end I have access to everything behind a reverse proxy. I can get to it from my iPad Pro with chrome just fine.
I then fired up this app and wanted to see what great things I got with it...nothing really. I’m completely disappointed.
The rendering is just like mobile view, except I can’t switch to desktop view. It lays out the data different...not very good for on the road updates with any formatting.
After about 15 minutes of poking around, I decided I have everything I need using just chrome.
Deleting this app to save space...
If this is a iteration of a bigger idea, then tell me. But if so, your MVP is off. Tell me when you have something I’d use.
Good, not perfect
I wish we could save multiple instances and switch between the two. I also wish there was a way to browse anonymously. Still kind of limited to the stock page elements, but I’m sure developers will start updating their add-ins to work with the app soon enough.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.