Turn your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad into a remote wireless numeric keyboard, touchpad or even full hardware keyboard. Perfect for laptops or those equipped with bluetooth keyboard without numeric pad. Did your bluetooth mouse just ran out of batteries? Do you want to control your Mac from your couch? This is a right solution.
Connector is a server sitting in your menubar to be used with iOS application that could be downloaded from the iOS AppStore here:
NumPad Remote - http://mediaware.sk/numpad
TouchPad Remote - http://mediaware.sk/touchpad
Remote Control Pro - http://mediaware.sk/remotepro
More information with tutorial video can be found here: http://mediaware.sk/connector
1. NumPad Remote acts as a numeric wireless pad with configurable special key, configurable delimiter, keys layout and sound/vibration feedback
2. TouchPad remote is a touchpad that supports mouse movement, tapping, double-tapping, dragging, horizontal and vertical scrolling as with normal touchpad
3. Remote Control Pro is a combination of NumPad and TouchPad as it offers all of their features with one bonus: convenient application switcher to switch between apps on your desktop without using a mouse as you would do by pressing Cmd+Tab on your Mac
iOS clients features:
* Connects using your WiFi connection (no cables required)
* In case you're using your iOS device to Tether your internet connection over Bluetooth or USB cable, you will be able to connect to Connector using these connections as well
* Automatically discovering computers in your local network with no setup required
* Comes with connection manager in case you have more than 1 computer. You can even connect to computers outside your local network.
* You don't need to turn on ScreenSharing as with other apps and risk somebody in your network will see your desktop
* All connections are safe and authenticated by you, so nobody else takeovers your keypad
* Overall bug fixes and performance improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Didn’t have a good experience
It did not work for me...
Does What it Promises!
I got this app to use with my MacBook Air. After moving from a desktop with a number pad, filling out rows of numbers in excel and when coding were tedious to type in without a keypad. While its not as easy to touch type as with keys, this app does its job.
Side note: I had to manually connect my phone to my computer by typing in my wifi info. But it connected up fine and all is working now.
Works Fine But...
The app works fine… but does not work for what I need. If you need the ability to hold down a key on the numpad this will not work. Inclusion of that feature would make this a five-star app.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.