Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Console Calculator is a powerful calculator with a simple console interface. Simple enough for anyone, but includes advanced features that programmers and engineers will love. The calculator interface is simple, fast, and elegant. You gotta try it!
• Live evaluate as you type.
• Advanced scientific calculator functions.
• Define custom functions and variables.
• Base conversion between decimal, hexadecimal, and binary.
• Unit converter built-in for many SI and non-SI units.
• Quickly recall past entries with arrow keys.
• 100+ digits of decimal precision.
Be sure to check the calculator manual for lots of calculator tips and features. It's a scientific calculator, engineering calculator, hex calculator, financial calculator, all-in-one!
What's New in Version 1.0.14
• Improved number format preferences.
• Improved Retina screen support.
• Minor bugfixes and improvements.
• Still the best and fastest calculator around!
The first practical calculator app
The description says it all: this app ditches the useless hand calculator metaphor for a “console” interface. Simply put: you just type your input and hit the return key for the answer; all of your previous calculations are preserved, on screen; and you can assign values to ‘variables’, which makes reusing the results of your calculations simple.
It’s a brilliant app, if only because this approach seems obvious in hindsight.