Constant Reader FREE (Reading List Manager)
By Constant Coder
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Constant Reader is NOT an E-Reader, it's a Reading List Manager. You want to start keeping better track of all the books you've read, and Constant Reader will make that easier for you! If you're looking for a more social app, give Goodreads a try - but if you want a concise list of books by your favorite authors, the ability to backup your data to your own account without being subject to email spam, or any of the other great features Constant Reader has to offer - then this is the app for you.
Constant Reader is available exclusively on IOS devices and is intended (and appropriate) for book lovers of all ages. This FREE version is limited to 1 new title added per day, though it does load with 500 titles already included. The full version is available via an in-app purchase for $4.99.
Lead Developer Testimonial:
Constant Reader is the app I had in mind when I decided to become an app developer. I listen to a lot of books and was keeping a text list of all my favorite authors, and starting to have trouble remembering if I had already read some books on my todo list. I thought ... wouldn't it be cool if there was an app that would make my favorites list and my todo list easy and fun? So, I got to work and Constant Reader is the result. Lots of extra features have been added since the initial release, and more are yet to come. Some of the new features were suggestions made by users on Facebook. I'm always open to ideas for improvements, so if you have any - let me know!
Constant Reader features:
· Comprehensive help pages
· Select from 5 main modes: Reading Queue / Reading History / Favorite Authors / Favorite Books / Favorite Series
· View lists in Coverflow or text list styles
· Send text lists via email
· Rate books on 5-star scale
· Post to Facebook
· View reading history visual timeline
· Reorder reading queue
· Add notes for any selection in any mode
· Filter by author / book / series / date / rating / completion / genre / narrator / source / tense
· Alter book / author / series details
· View full author bibliographies (series/chronological or alphabetical order)
· View Wikipedia entries for book / author / series
· View collected notes for book / author / series
· Customize book / author / series images
· Add multiple images
· View images in full-screen mode
· Browse and add book titles from the web
· Add custom titles
· Backup and Restore data and images
· Get suggestions for titles you may enjoy (based on your favorite books) and suggestions for titles you may have missed by your favorite authors
· Create multiple user profiles
· Ratings are cumulative based on read count
· Bonus stars can be assigned to adjust relative ranking
This app is dedicated to, and the app name is indeed an often used reference by the one and only Stephen King.
What's New in Version 2.0.2
Fixed orientation issues
Improved author load performance
Updated library authors
Book Lovers, find space in your heart for Constant Reader
Love it. Navigation may not be intuitive initially, but give it a chance. Play with it and you will find there is a lot more control here than seems evident at first. When I first tried it I got frustrated, almost gave up and deleted it, but I came back to it a few days later and got the hang of it. It is now my favorite app.
The navigation and set-up is very cumbersome and confusing. I gave up trying to add a custom book, and if/how I could create my own categories. Please fix, because a good app for this is needed.
My list is lost
Very confusing. Cannot get list of only my books read and program adds my books to a q instead of saying read. A lot of work to add 100 books and not really usable as is.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Mar 18, 2013
- Version: 2.0.2
- Size: 15.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Robert Scott
- © 2013 Constant Coder
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Constant Reader Upgrade$4.99