SA Contacts - Export/Import contacts to/from Excel
By Sam Yu
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
SA Contacts is not only the best way to transfer contacts to and from your iPhone without iTunes---it's the only way! No other app lets you so easily control your iPhone's most valuable data:
1. Update, modify and maintain your contacts easily and conveniently on your computer using Excel, OpenOffice or any other Excel-compatible application.
2. SA Contacts sends all of your contacts to you from your iPhone in a convenient zip file by email, USB, or through a webpage seen only on your local wifi network! Contact photos are sent, too!
3. Never again rely on iTunes as your only local source of back up. Nor do you need to share your contacts with Yahoo or other websites in order to have a backup. SA Contacts' zip file contains ALL of your contacts in a convenient, easy format.
4. SA Contacts protects you from iTunes sync accidents which can delete your contacts if, for example, you no longer have access to an Exchange server.
5. Restoring or changing contacts from the spreadsheet is as simple as uploading the file to your phone via USB, email or web. It couldn't be easier.
6. You can print a hardcopy of your iPhone contacts.
7. You can now export iPhone contacts to an Excel file which can then be imported to Outlook Contacts directly.
8. You can also import contacts from an Excel file that has been exported from Outlook to your iPhone.
9. You can now export/import iPhone contacts to/from a Gmail CSV-format file(UTF-8 encoded or Unicode encoded).
10. You can upload export files over to Dropbox/SkyDrive/GoogleDrive or download import files from Dropbox/SkyDrive/GoogleDrive.
11. You can password protect your export file.
12. All Contact fields except Ringtones can be exported/imported.
13. You can organise your contacts into groups easily on a spreadsheet and also assign a contact to multiple groups.
14. You can remove all iPhone contacts or groups before importing your organized contacts.
15. SA Contacts can support 30,000+ contact entries.
16. All column headers and labels in the Excel file are localized.
17. Export/Import contacts to/from a VCF file.
18. Backup contacts before import.
19. Manage groups easily. You can now create, edit, delete groups and add contacts to groups.
20. Export an Excel file with all photos included - this makes the contacts in your spreadsheet look better.
21. Import your own file by mapping column headers to contact fields.
22. Specify your own column headers in export process.
Tutorial videos on youtube is now available (KEYWORD: “samyuapp”).
More detail and up-to-date help guides are available in samapp.net.
What's New in Version 3.2.3
1.Added support for multiple groups in Outlook format.
Awesome but one glitch
Worth this application Siri will not ask you which wife to call or text lol.
Between work, home and multiple other email clients and carrying over my contacts from the Palm Pilot on down to this iPhone 7 my contacts were a joke and many obsolete contacts over 20 plus years. They had a multitude of group names that really mess things up on an iPhone. It really was a mess.
I went from about 1500 contacts down to 360. I exported the old to excel and spent half the day cleaning them up. The export was simple. The import was not too bad. I just used iTunes to import my new file and over wrote all my existing contacts on the phone and now I have 360 clean unduplicated contacts. ABSOLUTE HEAVEN. My contacts on the iCloud match and are all cleaned up too!!
The only hitch in the process was some contacts had the picture from the contract right next to them on the spreadsheet.
Now Siri does not ask my which wife I want to call or text!!
Worked as expected
Importing 200+ contacts via Excel into defined groups was easy with the help of the sample .xls file on the website. The ability to pick and choose the fields to populate was helpful. Overall, it was a 10 minute exercise that saved us hours of populating a hospital contact list.
Does not work for me
Tried importing excel files from Dropbox but have had no luck. This apps can not find Excel documents that I have in my Dropbox folders.
- Category: Business
- Updated: Dec 03, 2016
- Version: 3.2.3
- Size: 9.7 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: YANGYANG YU
- © 2012-2016 SamApp
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.