Contacts Sync For Google Gmail
By Playa Apps
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
••• SYNCS GROUPS!
••• SYNCS AUTOMATICALLY!
••• #1 IN SALES & REVIEWS FOR 3+ YEARS!
"Contacts Sync for Google Gmail" allows you to quickly & easily sync your Gmail & Mac contacts so you can have access to your contacts wherever you go. This app stands out from the competition with its reliability, ease of use, speed, and with a true "2-way sync" that allows you to merge changes you've made to your Gmail & Mac contacts. This is the #1 app for syncing Gmail contacts with the Mac both in terms of reviews & sales.
Also of significance, this app syncs contact groups with Google. For instance, you may have your Gmail contacts organized into groups such as "friends," "family," and "coworkers." After syncing, your Mac groups will match your Gmail groups.
With the customizability that this app provides, it can be used in a number of creative ways. For example, you can backup your Mac contacts to Gmail, you can sync iCloud contacts with Gmail, or you can perform syncs in one direction only (such as Gmail to Mac).
• Choose from one of the following sync types: 2-way sync, Gmail contacts -> Mac, Mac contacts -> Gmail, & manual sync
• Choose a 2-way sync to combine changes you’ve made to both your Mac & Gmail contacts
• Choose a 1-way sync to transfer changes in one direction only
• During the initial sync, the contents of matching Gmail & Mac contacts will be combined with each other
CONFIRM BEFORE SYNCING:
• Review each change before the sync actually begins
• Syncs groups in both directions including “My Contacts”
• Optionally select to sync specific groups only
SYNCS ALL FIELDS:
• Syncs all fields including names, phonetic names, nicknames, email addresses, phone numbers, postal addresses, company names, job titles, departments, birthdays, anniversaries, events, notes, web page addresses, relationships, instant messaging accounts, & social profiles
• Syncs contact photos
• Syncs custom labels & custom fields
• Choose which Mac contact account you want to sync specifically whether it's an iCloud account or just a “On My Mac” address book
• Automatically syncs contacts in the background 24/7
• Prevents duplicates by automatically matching your Gmail & Mac contacts when syncing
• Warns you of potential duplicates in Gmail before they’re synced to your Mac
• Compatible with Mac OS X 10.7 or later including Mac OS X Mavericks (10.9)
• English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Japanese, & Chinese
• In the case that you need support, our friendly American customer support team usually answers emails within 4 hours
RECENT REVIEWS (US App Store):
• After using this I will say "This is the BEST APP for contact syncing" and is a "MUST HAVE APP". Thanks for the time and work put into this fine app. I feel my money was well spent. THANKS! Great Work!
• Works exactly as advertised. My iCloud contacts are now perfectly in sync with Gmail. Support is fantastic, as well. Highly recommended.
• Awesome app. I was looking for this for years until I stumbled on it. Couldn't be better...
• Downloaded, installed, entered my GMail name/password. It sync'd 755 contacts in 30 seconds! Thanks!
• "Thank you! You have saved the day - seriously..."
• "From purchase to syncing over 1401 contacts took less than 2 minutes...Don't waste your time looking for another solution"
• "True time saver!!! This app synced my contacts in 30 seconds. Best $5 I have spent so far!!"
What's New in Version 5.1.0
* Updated to use Google's OAuth2 authentication protocol for improved security & support for 2 step verification
Previous Version Good - This Version Bad
I used to happily use Contact Sync for Google to make sure my Mac contacts were in sync with my Google Mail contacts - which I use all the time. Today, before syncing my contacts (I only do this once a month or so), I saw the app required updating…which I did first. Imagine my surprise when the functionality I previously enjoyed is now crippled, limiting me to a 40-item sync! I hate it when a developer “sets the hook” for a product, then sneaks in an update which forces you to pay later. Please be honest about this up front and let people know in advance if you plan on using whatever app you’re peddling as a future revenue stream. Yes, this app is useful. But, since I feel decieved, this app is now deleted on my system. Suggest that, if you’re using a previous version of this app, you do not upgrade, or at least be aware that you’ll now have to pay up.
THIS APP saved me
I have many apps syncing with Google Contacts, and this app keeps a record of all changes, and notifies me. One recent new integration deleted duplicate work addresses/phones, and because this app told me 477 changes, I caught it immediately, and was able to get deleted data from a backup. I absolutely recommend this app for those doing frequent Google Contact integrations with other tools (Contactually, FullContact, Salesforce, etc).
Finally a contact synchronization tool that works
I have tried quite a few free apps to remove duplicates and synchronize contacts, but none of them really worked and some of them even messed up my contacts by merging different contacts. Anyway, this app does the job. Tried the trial, it worked, so I paid for unlimited contacts sync. It was worth the $3.99.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Sep 11, 2014
- Version: 5.1.0
- Size: 2.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Donald Lawton
- © Copyright 2014 - Playa Apps
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor
Top In-App Purchases
- Sync Unlimited Contacts$3.99
- Make Contribution$2.99
- Make Larger Contribution$4.99