••• SYNCS GROUPS!
••• SYNCS AUTOMATICALLY!
••• #1 IN DOWNLOADS & REVIEWS FOR 5+ YEARS!
With ”Contacts Sync for Google Gmail,” you can quickly & easily sync your Gmail & Mac contacts so that you can have access to your contacts wherever you go. This app distinguishes itself with its reliability, ease of use, speed, and with a true "2-way sync" that merges changes made to both your Gmail & Mac contacts. This is the #1 app for syncing Gmail contacts with Mac both in terms of downloads & reviews.
Also of significance, this app syncs contact groups with Google. For instance, you may have organized your Gmail contacts into groups such as "friends," "family," and "coworkers." After syncing, your Mac groups will match your Gmail groups.
With the customizability that this app provides, it can be used in a number of creative ways. For example, you can backup your Mac contacts to Gmail, you can sync iCloud or Exchange contacts with Gmail, or you can perform syncs in one direction only (such as Gmail to Mac).
• Choose from one of the following sync types: 2-way sync, Gmail contacts -> Mac, Mac contacts -> Gmail, & Manual Sync
• Choose a 2-way sync to combine changes you’ve made to your contacts in both Mac & Gmail
• Choose a 1-way sync to transfer changes in one direction only
• Choose a manual sync to sync selected contacts only
• Sync specific contacts only by using filters
• Apply the group filter to sync contacts that belong to the specified groups only
SYNCS ALL FIELDS:
• Syncs all fields including names, phonetic names, nicknames, email addresses, phone numbers, postal addresses, company names, job titles, departments, birthdays, anniversaries, events, notes, web page addresses, relationships, instant messaging accounts, & social profiles
• Syncs contact photos
• Syncs custom labels & custom fields
• During the initial sync, the contents of matching Gmail & Mac contacts will be merged
CONFIRM CHANGES BEFORE SYNCING:
• Review each change before the sync actually begins
• Easily override the suggested changes
• Automatically syncs contacts in the background 24/7
• Choose which Mac contact account you want to sync with Google whether it's an ordinary “On My Mac” account, iCloud, Exchange, Outlook, Yahoo, or even Facebook
• Prevents duplicates by automatically matching your Gmail & Mac contacts when syncing
• Warns you of potential duplicates in Gmail before they’re synced to your Mac
• Monitor the results of the current sync, and review the results of the last 100 synchronizations
• Compatible with iCloud, Google Apps, Exchange Server, SSO
• English, French, & Spanish
• In the case that you need support, our friendly American customer support team usually answers emails within 4 hours
* Addressed crash that occurred when syncing several thousands of contacts
Ratings and Reviews
Where has this app been all my life??? Perfectd for iPhones!!
I’ve now been using this app for almost two months. If you use an email app tied to Google but keep your contacts in Apple’s Contacts app, it is essential for them to sync, since new or revised emails addresses that you load into your Apple Contacts are fetched by your iPhone from Gmail, not from the Apple Contacts. This app makes this constant self-syncing a piece of cake. Be sure to backup your Contacts before using this in case you screw up (I did backup but didn’t screw up), but you’ll be very pleased with the results. It syncs everything in your Apple Contacts including your notes, addresses, phone numbers, emails, etc. I couldn’t be happier!!
Excellent app! Life saving!
This is an excellent app, and worthy of the life saving label. I have over 3800 contacts with multiple entries and decide to move away from iCloud. I bought this app after doing my research and looking at several competing apps. I cannot say enouht about the tech support above and beyond the call of duty. I sync 6 devices that include 2 MacBook Pros, iPhone, iPad, iMac and a Google Pixelbook. Tech support was unfailingly patient with my repeated requests and knew the questions to ask. Cannot recommend it enough.
can't seem to see gmail groups on mac contacts, but that might be my fault
Although the app seems accessible for voiceover users, the screen reader that ships with mac os, I cannot get it to download my groups I have on gmail. I tried to import them manually and it worked, however for some reason the mac's address book is not picking them up.
What I just said might be my fault though, or maybe something I broke which is still why I'm giving it 5 stars
Hi Marrie. Please email me and I will help. You can reach me at email@example.com.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.