Contacts Sync For Google Gmail
By Playa Apps
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
••• SYNCS GROUPS!
••• SYNCS AUTOMATICALLY!
••• #1 IN SALES & REVIEWS FOR 2+ YEARS!
"Contacts Sync for Google Gmail" allows you to quickly & easily sync your Gmail & Mac contacts so you can have access to your contacts wherever you go. This app stands out from the competition with its reliability, ease of use, speed, and with a true "2-way sync" that allows you to merge changes you've made to your Gmail & Mac contacts. This is the #1 app for syncing Gmail contacts with the Mac both in terms of reviews & sales.
Also of significance, this app syncs contact groups with Google. For instance, you may have your Gmail contacts organized into groups such as "friends," "family," and "coworkers." After syncing, your Mac groups will match your Gmail groups.
With the customizability that this app provides, it can be used in a number of creative ways. For example, you can backup your Mac contacts to Gmail, you can sync iCloud contacts with Gmail, or you can perform syncs in one direction only (such as Gmail to Mac).
• Choose from one of the following sync types: 2-way sync, Gmail contacts -> Mac, Mac contacts -> Gmail, & manual sync
• Choose a 2-way sync to combine changes you’ve made to both your Mac & Gmail contacts
• Choose a 1-way sync to transfer changes in one direction only
• During the initial sync, the contents of matching Gmail & Mac contacts will be combined with each other
CONFIRM BEFORE SYNCING:
• Review each change before the sync actually begins
• Syncs groups in both directions including “My Contacts”
• Optionally select to sync specific groups only
SYNCS ALL FIELDS:
• Syncs all fields including names, phonetic names, nicknames, email addresses, phone numbers, postal addresses, company names, job titles, departments, birthdays, anniversaries, events, notes, web page addresses, relationships, instant messaging accounts, & social profiles
• Syncs contact photos
• Syncs custom labels & custom fields
• Choose which Mac contact account you want to sync specifically whether it's an iCloud account or just a “On My Mac” address book
• Automatically syncs contacts in the background 24/7
• Prevents duplicates by automatically matching your Gmail & Mac contacts when syncing
• Warns you of potential duplicates in Gmail before they’re synced to your Mac
• Compatible with Mac OS X 10.6 or later including Mac OS X Mavericks (10.9)
• English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Japanese, & Chinese
• In the case that you need support, our friendly American customer support team usually answers emails within 4 hours
RECENT REVIEWS (US App Store):
• After using this I will say "This is the BEST APP for contact syncing" and is a "MUST HAVE APP". Thanks for the time and work put into this fine app. I feel my money was well spent. THANKS! Great Work!
• Works exactly as advertised. My iCloud contacts are now perfectly in sync with Gmail. Support is fantastic, as well. Highly recommended.
• Awesome app. I was looking for this for years until I stumbled on it. Couldn't be better...
• Downloaded, installed, entered my GMail name/password. It sync'd 755 contacts in 30 seconds! Thanks!
• "Thank you! You have saved the day - seriously..."
• "From purchase to syncing over 1401 contacts took less than 2 minutes...Don't waste your time looking for another solution"
• "True time saver!!! This app synced my contacts in 30 seconds. Best $5 I have spent so far!!"
What's New in Version 4.0.2
* “My Contacts” group is synced
* Other minor improvements
Very nicely done - only one frustration (kind of a big one)
Overall, this is really nicely done software. It does it’s job thoroughly, and does it well. My one frustration is that my initial sync (after a year or two of not sync’ing) I had a few hundred contacts that needed to be reviewed during the sync process. Contact Sync provides a nice means of doing this - a list with the suggested action, an easy way to review both entries, and the ability to override the action. My biggest frustration is that each time I would delete a contact (or change it’s suggested sync direction), it would scroll back up to the top. So a couple hundred times, I had to scroll back to where I left off.
If this were implemented in more of a sequential order, perhaps auto-loading the review windows for each contact (Mac & Gmail), it would make this process MUCH easier and faster.
Other than that - well worth the $3.99!
Great, how it ought to be!
This app quickly does what I have struggled to do between Apple’s contacts and Google Apps. I could not get groups to sync, but had to manually move people into groups after syncing the basic contact info from Apple’s contacts into Google’s contacts. After initially cleaning up some old contacts, it was a very smooth process. I expect it to stay that way as well. Some apps work better with Google’s contacts, so I wanted the same info up there as I had on my Mac. And I can pick which groups to sync as well when doing it manually.
Thanks a bunch for doing it right!
A little confusing at first
But real robust and powerful. I had cropping issues with contact pics and custom labels for phone numbers based on location and not what kind of phone. I use it to sync my iCloud contacts (which I consider my master copy) to Gmail one way. Works great with everything I thought I could throw at it by means of testing. Well worth the money. It also handles Korean characters very well. iCloud never had a problem with them but Google contacts would always present them as gibberish.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Feb 05, 2014
- Version: 4.0.2
- Size: 2.4 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Donald Lawton
- © Copyright 2014 - Playa Apps
Compatibility: OS X 10.6 or later