Contacts Sync for Google Gmail with Auto Sync
By Playa Apps
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
••• SYNCS GROUPS!
••• SYNCS AUTOMATICALLY!
••• COMPATIBLE WITH GOOGLE APPS!
••• #1 IN SALES & REVIEWS FOR 3+ YEARS!
"Contacts Sync for Google Gmail" allows you to quickly & easily sync your Gmail & iPhone contacts so you can have access to your contacts wherever you go. This app stands out from the competition with its reliability, ease of use, speed, and with a true "2-way sync" that allows you to merge changes you've made to your Gmail & iPhone contacts. This is the #1 app for syncing Gmail contacts with the iPhone/iPad/iPod both in terms of reviews & sales.
Also of significance, this app syncs contact groups with Google. For instance, you may have your Gmail contacts organized into groups such as "friends," "family," and "coworkers." After syncing, your iPhone groups will match your Gmail groups.
With the customizability that this app provides, it can be used in a number of creative ways. For example, you can backup your iPhone contacts to Gmail, you can sync iCloud or Exchange contacts with Gmail, or you can perform syncs in one direction only (such as Gmail to iPhone).
• Choose from one of the following sync types: 2-way sync, Gmail contacts -> iPhone, iPhone contacts -> Gmail, manual sync, & Facebook contacts -> Gmail
• Choose a 2-way sync to combine changes you’ve made to both your iPhone & Gmail contacts
• Choose a 1-way sync to transfer changes in one direction only
• During the initial sync, the contents of matching Gmail & iPhone contacts will be combined with each other
CONFIRM BEFORE SYNCING:
• Review each change before the sync actually begins
• Monitor the results of the current sync, and review the results of the last 100 synchronizations
• Syncs groups in both directions including “My Contacts”
• Optionally select to sync specific groups only
SYNCS ALL FIELDS:
• Syncs all fields including names, phonetic names, nicknames, email addresses, phone numbers, postal addresses, company names, job titles, departments, birthdays, anniversaries, events, notes, web page addresses, relationships, instant messaging accounts, & social profiles
• Syncs contact photos
• Syncs custom labels & custom fields
• Choose which iPhone contact account you want to sync specifically whether it's an iCloud account, an Exchange account, or just a local iPhone address book
• Automatically syncs contacts in the background 24/7 (requires iOS7 or later & in-app purchase)
• Prevents duplicates by automatically matching your Gmail & iPhone contacts when syncing
• Warns you of potential duplicates in Gmail before they’re synced to your iPhone
• Compatible with iPhone, iPad, iPod, iOS5, iOS6, iOS7, iOS8, iCloud, Google Apps, & Exchange Server
• English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Japanese, Korean, & Chinese
• In the case that you need support, our friendly American customer support team usually answers emails within 4 hours
RECENT REVIEWS (US App Store):
• "Absolutely ESSENTIAL app! Gives you just the right options, with clear instructions, and executes fast & flawlessly. Absolutely get this!"
• "Tried another app that claims it does same thing only to be disappointed. Downloaded this app & it worked 1st time!"
• "Keeping both Google contacts and iPhone contacts updated has never been this easy. You can make changes on either side and then sync both by simply clicking the 2-way sync button. Great job!"
• “This app is one of the best ones you will never find in the marketplace. It is fast, reliable, and fixes your entire contact list across many mediums. MUST GET!”
What's New in Version 6.1.5
* Fully optimized for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
Does everything advertised…perfectly!
This is one of those rare apps that does absolutely everything the developer says it will do. Many users want to maintain their contacts in Gmail and sync to their iOS devices…this does it. Other users, me included, want to have only iCloud contacts on my Mac and sync them to my iOS devices, yet also sync these contacts (one-way) to Gmail. The app does this, also. In fact, regarding your iCloud contacts and Gmail contacts, there is nothing this app won’t do, though you’ll likely need the “Unlimited Syncs” and “Automatic Contact Syncing” in-app upgrades (for me, absolutely necessary), and well worth the small prices.
I have well over 500 iCloud contacts on my Mac synching to my iOS devices, along with about 20 groups. To test this app when I first installed it, I manually removed all contacts and groups from Gmail contacts and did a one-way sync from my iPhone to Gmail. About 15 seconds later “everything” in Gmail mirrored my iPhone contacts and groups.
Lastly, prior to purchasing I had a couple of questions and the developer responded to both in less than 24 hours. Yet another rarity today’s software support climate.
Does a good job
I exported my iCloud contacts via vCard and then imported the vCard contacts to gmail. This resulted in doubling my gmail contacts. I had to go through and merge or delete all of the repeats. Then, I found this app. I installed it and it prompted me to log into my google account. I went through and was able to delete the contacts I chose and when I synced the contacts most of them merged instead of creating repeats. I had to sync a few times. Between each sync I went to gmail and my iCloud and corrected some minor issues. But, this was MUCH better than syncing via the vCard. Note: it's free but you must pay $2.99 if you want to sync more than 40 contacts.
awsome app - highly recommended
Absolutely awsome app!
After trying a few other apps for syncing my Google contacts, and also messing around with exchange, this app really stands out as the best.
It is simple to use, synchronized everything flawlessly including groups, and it is lightning fast (my contacts list has several hundred items, and it took seconds to process everything). It also provides good flexibility in deciding what to copy and what to merge (when you need this flexibility), gives you a report exactly what records it intends to sync and how, and allows you to change your mind just before you give the final OK to sync. I can't think of anything that can be improved in this app.
None of the other "sync" apps that I tried were both fast and able to handle groups accurately.
I installed it both on my ipad running ios6 and iphone 4 running ios5 and both worked perfectly.
And it still works flawlessly on ios8!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Nov 13, 2014
- Version: 6.1.5
- Size: 19.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Donald Lawton
- © Copyright 2014 - Playa Apps
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Unlimited Syncs$2.99
- Automatic Contact Syncing$0.99
- Make Larger Contribution$4.99
- Make Contribution$2.99