Context Camera helps you capture more useful photos by stamping them with direction, location, date/time, address and comments in a variety of configurations.
Context Camera is designed for business and is trusted by professionals in diverse fields such as construction, insurance, safety, inspection and emergency response.
- Take photos using the app - the camera preview with information overlay will show you exactly what your photo will look like.
- Rear, dual and front cameras are supported.
- Adjust focus, exposure, and flash settings where supported by your device.
- Choose from a variety of information overlays. Each overlay shows a different selection of information including:
- location (lat/lon, UTM, MGRS in WGS84, NAD83 and GDA94 datums)
- direction (degrees/mils, magnetic/true north)
- user comments
- date and time (variety of formats)
- As well as being stamped on the photo itself, most information is also written to the image metadata.
- Annotate photos with arrows, lines, ellipses and rectangles in a variety of colours and thicknesses.
- Store photos inside the app to keep them separate or automatically export them to your photo library or iCloud.
- Export stamped photos as separate images or zip files.
- Quick email feature lets you quickly send emails with photos to preset addresses.
- Only photos taken with Context Camera can be stamped.
- No automatic export of photos to cloud storage services other than iCloud (yet)
- No customisation of text font, size or colour on overlays (yet)
- No custom text annotations on photos (yet)
- iPods and Wi-Fi only iPads are supported, but since they do not have a GPS receiver location accuracy is reduced.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Added additional export filename formats - more coming soon.
- Redesigned settings screen and automatic exports screen.
- Added NAD83 and GDA94 datums.
- Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Best Camera App for Construction Documentation
I am a forensic architect and take several hundreds, if not thousands, of photos during a single day.
The ability to add user comments to the file means that I can now tag my photos with info such as Project Name, Bldg#, Room#, Floor Level, etc., as I take photos in the field. I extract this metadata later for organizing. I especially like the auto export feature (iCloud and Photo Library) and the option to toggle the info overlay on/off in the exported file.
The developers have created a solid running app that has features not available in any other camera app I have tried. Great work!
I've used this app in the field for several years now without any complaints; I'm glad to see that development/improvements have not stalled. The developer has done an outstanding job on this must-have app (especially for LEOs). I've held back on the 5th star solely in the hopes that an ID/License scanning feature may be incorporated somehow... the BlinkID SDK (by Microban) would work perfectly within Context Camera; maybe that's something that the developer might want to consider. As is, however, the app is still essential for LE applications... purchase it.
Makes My Work Life Easier
I have to document day and time in photos in real time for work on a regular basis. This app has saved me so much time and headache per the last few years. Best investment for work that I have ever made. Highly recommend!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.