Start on your phone, continue on your PC.
With the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, you can continue browsing websites from your phone directly on your Windows PC. You can even choose to "Continue now" if you're in front of your PC or "Continue later" if you're on the go!
Make sure you’re set up. If you haven’t already, link your phone and PC with the latest version of Windows 10.
To finish linking your phone and PC, make sure that you:
1) Have the latest Windows 10 Fall Creators Update build installed on your PC
2) Link your phone from your PC. On your PC, select Start > Settings > Phone, then select Add a phone to get started.
This update includes fixes for layout scaling in iPhone X and general performance improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
Works As Advertised! Perfectly. Read the instructions
Step 1. Go to Start>Settings >Phone>Enter your phone number without dashes and send link to get app.
Step2: Follow app to App Store. Automatically you will be directed to Continue on PC. Download it.
Step3: open browser on PC
Step4: open website on iPhone
Step5: Press middle button on control row to bring up functions.
Step6: Select Continue on PC from top row on far left.
Step7: Continue on PC will search for available PC’s WILL find one and ask if you want to continue now or later. Your choice. You might as well select now since you went through all these steps. You might as finish the job.
Step8: Your iPhone’s current webpage will magically appear on the browser that you already opened on your PC. Just open it to a Home screen, any one will do, besides it’s going to change in less than a minute.
So there you have it. All of you one star reviewers can follow these steps and make this app work as it was designed to work. Graceful and simple and straightforward. The melding of OS’s. Steve Jobs would be spinning in his grave if he knew this was happening to his beloved OS. Cheers, it’s time for a beer.
Unintuitive Setup Process But Does Work
When you go through the demo, be sure to do the example at the end when told to try sending a web page to your PC. After tapping the up icon, scroll over to where it says More. Tap More. Look for Continue on my PC and move the slider. On your PC, a message inviting you to continue will slide in on the bottom right of the screen. Click on it and the page you were on will appear on your PC. It’s a shame the visual examples during the walk through after install go through their animations so quickly that you can’t tell what to do.
Uses Edge regardless of my default browser
Links always open in Microsoft Edge on my computer regardless of what I set my default browser to. It’s extremely annoying that Microsoft doesn’t respect my browser preferences. If I wanted to use Edge, I would send Edge as my browser.
In addition to links, you should be able to send other photos and documents as well. The functionality in this app is extremely rudimentary.
The best way to get things to myself is still Facebook messenger to myself and opening it on my desktop computer, which is ridiculous.
Hi- Thanks for using our application and providing your suggestions. We will consider your suggestions for our future enhancements. Please keep using our product and stay tuned to new features.
- Microsoft Corporation
- 66.5 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Afrikaans, Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Belarusian, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Cambodian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Filipino, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Gujarati, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Laotian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malayalam, Marathi, Norwegian Bokmål, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swahili, Swedish, Telugu, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Urdu, Uzbek, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.